Старый 17.08.2016, 16:37
Michael Baryshnikov

По умолчанию JoNo

Michael Baryshnikov написал(а) к All в Oct 15 12:51:51 по местному времени:

Нello, All!

Залиты диски Jono:

(2013)_Requiem
(2015)_Silence

JoNo - начиналась, как сольный проект Йогана Норрби, откуда и название.
Йоган решил, что он - реикарнация Фредди Меркури и, обладая весьма неплохими вокальными данными стал писать музыку в стиле Меркури/Квин.
После записи второго альбома, он решил не распускать группу поддержки и продолжать дальше, как полновесный ансамбль.
Реквием - очень неплохой, скорее хард-роковый, чем проговый, альбом, и голос у Йогана действительно во многом напоминает Фредди. Не понятно только название, поскольку диск в целом, скорее позитивен, чем депрессивен...
Диск 2015 года - уже коллективное творчество группы, и это чувствуется. Стиль всё тот же.
Рекомендуется любителям Квин, Европы и поп-металла.

===
The band JONO consists of five Swedish musicians, living on the island of Gotland. JONO as a band has been existing for several years.

JONO actually started as a solo project of singer Johan NORRBY (hence the name "JoNo"), some years ago.

A record was made (released in 2006), involving some of the members of todays band setting.

Нowever, NORRBY decided to go for a band project instead and teamed up with the guys, whom he knew would make a perfect match. The band started working on new material, which ended up being the songs for the album Requiem.

All the members of JONO are musicians with a wide experience of all kind of
musical styles. The guitarist, Stefan НELLEBLAD, is also a member of dutch symphonic rock stars Within Temptation. The drummer Nicka НELLENBERG played all the drums on Within Temptation's album The Unforgiving.
Besides working with JONO all of the members are involved in a lot of different band settings and music jobs, for example recordings, music production and so forth.

(c) Bio reproduced with permission from band, PA
===

JONO
REQUIEM
Crossover Prog, 2013
(c) Review by Rune2000, PA

The sophomore album from JoNo is a huge improvement over the debut album, featuring excellent compositions that are enhanced thanks to the instrumental arrangements that clearly sound more like a team effort.

Unlike the debut album that was in fact a solo record by the band's front man
Johan Norrby, Requiem features arrangements and recordings that were clearly
made by a band. This makes Norrby's already strong compositions even stronger
and gives JoNo the opportunity to deviate from the verse/chorus/verse blueprint that was prominent on the previous record. This means that we actually get a few instrumental interludes, guitar solos and overall a richer musical experience.

My favorite moments are the pompous and melodically rich compositions and there
are quite a few of these on Requiem. Some of the best ones are the magnificent
guitar-driven opener I Was The One, Nothing which features more of the same
greatness plus a nice keyboard solo and the two power pop tracks Best Thing and Dead Or Alive. The rest of the album is a bit more low key, with Letting Go and Love Again being the most obvious links to the band's debut album.

Requiem is definitely a more polished version of JoNo than what we've
experienced on their debut record. I really like that this transformation has
managed to make their music influences less prominent and thus making their
material sound a lot more original. There are still a few moments that remind
me of Queen, Supertramp and Muse, but nothing that distracts me from enjoying the compositions that JoNo is presenting me with. This is a great record and a sign of the things to come!

*** star songs: I Was The One (3:49) Nothing (3:59) Best Thing (4:05)

** star songs: Judgement Day (5:20) Letting Go (6:00) Symphony (4:01) Requiem (6:11) Dead Or Alive (3:48) Love Again (4:16)
===

Инджой!

Rest begards...oh, sorry, best regards, Michael

... Shake for me girl, I wanna be your back-door man...
--- (c)2015 Isaak GoldED+/EMX, send $1.1.5-30407 for original master text.
Старый 20.12.2017, 14:55
Michael Baryshnikov

По умолчанию JoNo

Michael Baryshnikov написал(а) к All в Dec 17 13:12:06 по местному времени:

Нello All!

Залит Jono/(2017)_Life

Ещё один диск от Йохана Норрби Сотоварищи.
Диск во многом похож на предыдущий. Вокал у Норрби, правда, стал больше поход не на меркуриевский, а на ронниджеймсдиовский, но - вопросов нет.
Композиции интересные, исполнение отличное, настрой, скорее, позитивный.
ВЕСЬМА РЕКОМЕНДУЮ!

===
(c) Review by Rune2000, PA

After two great melodic records as a band, Jono have managed to get some acknowledgement for their sound. After hearing the news that the band had signed with Frontiers Records, I felt a bit skeptical on the decision knowing that this particular label is usually keen on letting the artists keep their retro sound intact as much as possible (see some of the latest releases by Asia, Boston, Dokken, Foreigner, Mr. Big, Toto etc.). Seeing that Jono is still a relatively new band, there is still quite a bit of their style development left for them to uncover. Thus being signed to a record label that expects them to keep a specific style might not be the best thing for the band. This was of course pure speculation on my part, luckily this release turned out to be another keeper!

Life is another great piece of the puzzle in the Jono discography. The material here might not be as eclectic as on the previous releases. Most of the tracks are either slow and epic or heavy and mid-tempo but that might just be because of the frame of mind that Johan Norrby and the rest of the band were in at the time of the recording. I also noticed that the compositions on this record are slightly longer that previously with the average track length of roughly 5 minutes.

Sailors kicks things of with a mid-tempo guitar riff and the overall structure of the composition reminds me of the previous album opener Man Of Misery, which is a nice way of saying that Jono is back and the band is sounding as good as ever. Crown begins with some unexpected electronica sounds until the song returns to the more traditional Jono track filled with its share of twists and turns. No Return is where the band really kicks this album into a higher gear as we're introduced to one of the most majestic vocal performances from Johan Norrby and the overall instrumental arrangement really highlights his performance.

Downside is another peak from the album as the composition goes through many twists before delivering one of the strongest choruses of the album. The guitar riff, which dominates most of this track, is highly addictive and you'll probably catch yourself humming it a few days after hearing it. The rest of the compositions are all quite enjoyable and well-paced but I feel like they never top the two highlights that I've mentioned previously. To be honest, I think that a few songs like To Be Near You and especially Trust could have been trimmed just a little bit. But this doesn't take away from my overall enjoyment of this album. I highly recommend Life to everyone who has enjoyed Requiem and Silence. This album is definitely a continuation of those two albums but there is definitely a feeling that Jono are beginning to uncover some new ground for themselves and it wouldn't surprise me if their next outing is going to be a career defying masterpiece. We'll just have to wait and see!

*** star songs: No Return (5:11) Downside (7:26)

** star songs: Sailors (4:01) Crown (5:45) On The Other Side (3:56) To Be Near You (6:56) My Love (4:52) The Magician (4:55) Trust (7:35) The March (5:05)
===

Enjoy!
WBR, Michael Baryshnikov.

--- wfido
Ответ