Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 20.03.2019, 15:02
Michael Baryshnikov

По умолчанию Maze Of Time

Michael Baryshnikov написал(а) к All в Mar 19 13:44:37 по местному времени:

Нello All!

Залит MazeOf_Time/(2008)_Lullaby_ForНeroes

Повёлся на обзор, в котором было написано, что МОТ - это современный новый прог.
По факту оказалось, что - да, только НЕО-прог...
На самом деле, если не принимать во внимание некоторую напыщенность, то ничего страшного - такой типичный шведский прогрессив в стиле незабвенных Кузнечиков и ... (имя им "легион").
Мелодично, приятно, сладко аж сахар в чай не нужен, забываешь ровно через 30 секунд, как послушал.
Предлагаю самим оценить.

===
The MAZE OF TIME story began in October 2001 when guitarist, composer and lyricist Robert I. Edman grew weary of being the hired gun, playing other people's music as a designated guitarist for various productions. With a couple of other musicians, he was at one point well on his way to the US west-coast, but opted out as the headroom for originality and thinking-out-of-the-box musical experimentation was nonexistent in the mainstream pop-scene. Edman gathered two old friends to form an investigative trio in Stockholm, Sweden - bass player Janne Persson and drummer Thomas Nordh - to elaborate on a string of newly composed songs. In the search for additional players adventurous enough to take the less-travelled roads of progression and beyond, the trio was extended by keyboard jockey Alex Jonsson and, for the first five years, with guitarist and vocalist Christer Lindstroem. With the MAZE OF TIME line-up complete the journey began.

Over time, the ideas and arrangements of MAZE OF TIME needed a sanity check, and a three-track demo set known as "Under the Sun" was recorded to tape which, over the following year, resulted in 2006 release of their first full-length album "Tales From The Maze", summarizing the band's first five years of musical findings. With the warmth of analogue 70-ies, yet the steady beat of the 21st century, MAZE OF TIME beckons you to join their musical journey.

MAZE OF TIME cites its closest influence as GENESIS from the "Selling England By The Pound" or "Trick Of The Tail" period and have a sound reminiscent of recent groups such as SPOCK'S BEARD, TНE FLOWER KINGS, LIKE WENDY and MARILLION. Though leaning more to the Neo-progressive rather than Symphonic, MAZE OF TIME has virtues from the Symphonic form of progressive rock with lush keyboards, poetic lyrics and lengthy compositions.

The MAZE OF TIME discography is the three-track set "Under The Sun" comprised of tracks later to appear on the "Tales From The Maze" album, though recorded with less equipment, and the 2006-released "Tales From The Maze" album on the Art Performance Production label out of the Netherlands. 2008 should see an addition to the MAZE OF TIME catalogue with a darker, PORCUPINE TREE-style project going under the name of "Lullaby For Нeroes".

(c) Original bio by Alex Jonsson, as edited by T.Rox, PA
===

(c) Review by progrules, PA

A total new band to me and after hearing this album a few times I'm surprised this is in symphonic. I'm not starting a debate here but for those who count on a certain kind of music that goes along with a subgenre I will at least have to send out a sort of warning that the style on this album is somewhere in the triangle neo/symphonic/heavy prog with even a slight metal edge to it. Not at all a problem for me that this is a rougher edged album but for those who are more into the soft/mellow side of symphonic I feel this is essential information and they had better stay away from this release.

The album starts with a short opener called Нeroes ... Nice tune but not too special. 3*.

Next is the title track, already showing a pretty heavy sound with this one. It's a very good song and to me this was promising for the rest of the album. 3,75*.

Station to station is slightly more mellow at least for the first few minutes. Later on turning into a more standard song in terms of heaviness. Not the best of the album to me, a bit unimpressive. Still 3,25*.

With the fourth track, Playgrounds, we have actually had the lesser half of the album. Also this one is a good song but no more. 3,5*.

Chemical Sleep, part 1&2 suddenly lifts the album to a very high level. I don't know if the band deliberately decided to let the album get better and better as it progresses but it's obvious to me. The guitar is in this song responsable for the increasing level. Great contributions ! 4,5*.

The Great Cosmic Dream is one of the shorter tracks but this one is high in impact and quality. Also here the guitar excells in a catchy song with interesting variation. 4,25*

Do Androids? is a terrific song and is along with the epical closer the apogee of this release. It's in the same vein as Chemical Sleep but with even more impressive guitar. Especially the second half of the song is heaven for heavy proggers and prog metallists. 4,5*

With this epical closer Temple of the Gods the band is showing all they've got which is an amazing hell of a lot to me. This final track makes you leave the album with a very satisfied feeling, at least that's how it works on me. 4,75*.

Excellent follow up of the debut I have to check out at this point. Another jewel from Sweden Maze of Time appears to be. But as I said in the opening lines: this is no straightforward Symphonic prog like for instance Willowglass but much heavier. If you have no problem with that: check this one out because it's highly recommended ! Fans of Riverside, Magic Pie or The Flower Kings could be in for this one.
===

Enjoy!
WBR, Michael Baryshnikov.

--- wfido
Ответ

Опции темы
Опции просмотра