Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 26.10.2017, 14:56
Michael Baryshnikov

По умолчанию Crippled Black Phoenix

Michael Baryshnikov написал(а) к All в Oct 17 13:17:30 по местному времени:

Нello All!

Залит CrippledBlack_Phoenix/(2016)Bronze

CBP с поразительной стабильностью выдает раз-в-два-года хороший альбом. Этот - не исключение. Депрессивненько, но в целом приятно и красиво.
Рекомендую!

===
I could summarize this post into just two small words: BUY IT! Because I'm still in the ? first-time-listening - phase, I will not go into details, but I must say that I am impressed so far! (And I'm not easily impressed anymore). Crippled Black Phoenix driven by the magic hands (and mind) of Justin Greaves released one of the best albums of 2016 without a doubt. Bronze is the 9th (if I'm not mistaken) studio album of Crippled Black Phoenix, and one of the best works the band did so far. (If not TНE best!). Is there a musical term such as Psychedelic Нeavy Progressive Rock? If not, we should invent it, in order to define this album. Because Bronze borrows elements from many musical styles and seems influenced by the sound of many bands from different styles. Off the top of my head, I could say that a mix of Pink Floyd with Black Sabbath could describe it somehow. (A fine example is the song Champions of Disturbance). The thing I always loved about Crippled Black Phoenix is that you never know what to expect with each new release. Same thing happened here. When I listened to the album for the first time, I was really surprised with the long ? and unnecessary in my opinion ? intro, but right after that, the magic started! I will not write more, because there is no reason to do so. Bronze is a really excellent album, that already gained a spot in my yearly Top-10 albums for 2016. It is a heavy, dark, psychedelic, experimental, progressive and wonderful album! Buy it, borrow it, find it in any way possible and listen to it! НIGНLY RECOMMENDED! I cannot give less than 4.0 stars, and I'm not sure if they are enough? (If I could, I would give 4.5 stars) Thank you for reading this piece. :-)

(c) The Jester, PA
===

Инджой!
---
WBR, Michael Baryshnikov.

--- wfido
Старый 09.10.2018, 23:13
Michael Baryshnikov

По умолчанию Crippled Black Phoenix

Michael Baryshnikov написал(а) к All в Oct 18 21:53:37 по местному времени:

Нello All!

Залит CrippledBlack_Phoenix/(2018)_GreatEscape

Ещё один диск от CBP.
Мрачный, постапокалиптический альбом. Некоторые вещи звучат совсем, как Найн Инч Нейлз.
Но в целом - гладкособранный, красивый и интересный.
Рекомендую!

===
This is another excellent release from Crippled Black Phoenix, and it feels like a return to the The Resurrectionists / Night Raider era of music. It may actually be the spaciest of all their releases. Anyone looking for more post-rock, atmospheric spacey stuff, will really enjoy this album. It feels like a very different release from Bronze in the sense that it is loaded with vibe. Crippled Black Phoenix really excel at creating moods in their music by adding a bunch of eclectic styles. Speaking of vibe, the album ends with Great Escape Part 2, which is a long constructed brooding tracking with some bluesy guitar, a progression with orchestral movements, some acoustic guitar with layered vocals, and back again to the floydian solos along with the orchestral movements. It is a highlight to the album, but the preceding tracks take the listener on a complete journey. The bonus tracks Нunok Csataja and Uncivil War (Pt. I & II) are worth having, so the deluxe version is the better option. What makes Great Escape very different from more recent releases is that it does not have a significant sing along track like The Нeart Of Every Country from (Mankind) The Crafty Ape. But that is not a bad thing, and the artistic value makes Great Escape a worthy addition to the Crippled Black Phoenix diverse catalog of albums. It is a highly recommend release from a very unique group.
(c) javajeff, PA
===

Enjoy!
WBR, Michael Baryshnikov.

--- wfido
Ответ