Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 12.10.2016, 20:05
Michael Baryshnikov

По умолчанию Lazuli

Michael Baryshnikov написал(а) к All в Oct 16 18:32:59 по местному времени:

Нello All!

Залит Lazuli/(2016)Nos_AmesSaoules

Наконец-то появился в нормальном качестве последний диск Лазулей.
(Кстати, сами-знаете-где вариант в 320 - как минимум один файл битый, ну, то есть я нашел один (2-й трек) и сразу пошел искать новую версию.)
Итак, "Наши души пьяны" - последний (пока что) альбом Лазули. УСЕЧЕННОГО состава Лазули. К сожалению. Надо сказать что отсутствие "всяких прикольных" инструментов, стика и вибрафона, а также, что самое главное - людей, которые на них играли, сказывается не в лучшую сторону.
Музыка потеряла разнообразие и стала менее интересной. Нет, поймите меня правильно (я люблю Лазулей), она стала менее интересной для этой группы, но уровень класса тут такой, что другим, может, до этого "опущенного" уровня и не дотянуться никогда.
Стилистически Лазули остались прежними. По лирике... ну, вы поняли.
ВЕСЬМА ВЕСЬМА РЕКОМЕНДУЮ!

Инджой!
---
WBR, Michael Baryshnikov.

--- wfido
Старый 10.10.2018, 22:42
Michael Baryshnikov

По умолчанию Lazuli

Michael Baryshnikov написал(а) к All в Oct 18 21:23:59 по местному времени:

Нello All!

Залит Lazuli/(2018)Saison8

Новый диск этой замечательной французской группы.
Ну, что сказать? Я понимаю, что 15 лет - это немалый срок, а уж 15 лет на сцене - это вообще, как вся жизнь, но УЖ БОЛЬНО МРАЧНЫЙ он...
Разухабистого рас-3.14-здяйства, которым они славились еще пяток-другой лет назад, не осталось совсем. Тяжелый, убойный прогрессив.
Много повторений.
Но всё это не мешает - альбом совершенно замечательный, а уж знающие французский язык - вообще должны балдеть по-полной.
ВЕСЬМА ВЕСЬМА РЕКОМЕНДУЮ!

===
(c) Review by The Crow, PA

After enjoying their performance live recently on Midsummer Prog Festival 2018 and having only listened their first album before (and not enjoying it very much), I decided to go through the last record of the band!

And I have to say the very positive impression that these songs gave me when I listened live are more or less the same than in this album. Their music is not really progressive, groundbreaking or original, but the overall quality of the record is just excellent, both in terms of production and compositions.

The album starts with J'attends un Printemps is a very beatiful and delicate way, with fine keyboards and vocals, accompanied by soften guitars, but soon the power of the whole band explodes in 02:57 sounding just great and very cohesive, making a crescendo which is a trademark of the band.

Un Linceul de Brume is even better, with a great beginning with echoed guitars and the great voice of Dominique Leonetti, who shows his qualities as a great Singer. The final part of the song is an apotheosis of leòde, distortions and a brutal double pedal on drums. Mes Amis, Mes Frères is rockier, even with some Нammond organ in the verses and a great guitar solo. Not so good as the two previous tracks, but good for being played live.

Les Cotes es a very surprising change of directions, with a very cool beginning which sounds like a strange carnival music, dark and atmospheric. And even the predictable crescendo maintains catches the listener's attention! Just like Chronique Canine, another dark tune which follows the path of the previous one but in a more rhythmic and guitar-oriented way and with another great use of the leòde, an instrument which gives this band an special and very welcomed personality.

Mes Semblables retrieve the rock mood of the third track, but with an oriental influence in the verses and a good instrumental bridge. De Deus Choses Lune is another hit of the album with powerful percussions on the verses, fine vocals (again) and tons of dramatism. And the leòde steals the show again!

The album ends with the excellent Les 4 Mortes Saisons, a sweeping acoustic song which is almost perfect in its minimalism.

Conclusion: if you are searching for intricated prog passages or tons of complexity you are on the wrong track, because Lazuli are some kind of world music rock band with some touches progressive elements. But the quality of their music is undeniable, just like their very strong and catchy live performances.

They are not the most original sounding band and they abuse of crescendos in their songs, but the incredible and unique use of the self-invented instrument leóde and the quality of the production, the vocalist and the rest of the band, make the listening of this album a real pleasure.

Excellent work! I'm eager to hear more albums of this band.

Best songs: Saison 8 has not a single bad or mediocre song, but J'attends un Printemps, Un Linceul de Brume, Les Cotes, De deux Choses Lune and Les 4 Mortes Saisons are the best.
===

Enjoy!

--- wfido
Старый 05.04.2020, 15:54
Michael Baryshnikov

По умолчанию Lazuli

Michael Baryshnikov написал(а) к All в Apr 20 14:33:46 по местному времени:

Нello All!

Залит Lazuli/(2020)Le_Fantastique_Envol_De_DieterBohm

Добавлен новый альбом Лазулей.
Концептуальный альбом - 4 акта плюс пролог/эпилог. О чём конкретно речь идёт сказать не могу, бо хранцузского не знаю. Звучит цельно, без перерывов.
В общем - красиво, хотя и без особых хитростей. К сожалению, характерного для группы "надрыва", как на ранних дисках, нет. Так или иначе...
ВЕСЬМА ВЕСЬМА ВЕСЬМА РЕКОМЕНДУЮ!

===
LAZULI is a French group from the Gard terroir. Нe publishes here his 9th album on a concept of the life of a still alive man, quite singular it is true the tendency being rather with posthumous tributes. LAZULI is now one of the best French bands, using his native language in his compositions. LAZULI does LAZULI for world music, ethnic and eclectric tracks, but the progressive tendency is until now a little behind, with crescendo and final explosions. One particularity is the use of a Leode instead of a bass, an accident that forced Claude to find an instrument in his hand, which he does by transcending himself with now.
Let's quickly see what is happening with this announced concept album. a prologue to launch "Sol" normal title which could pass as intro, the voice already slipping admirably among the notes; the tone is basic and gives the rhythm for the homo-erectus that we are!, waddling with the head, good point for a crescendo as knows how to do LAZULI with guitar soli by Gederic and the Magic Leode by Claude.
Chain with act 1 and two titles including "The Songs Are Bottles At The Sea" with cool, calm, a little spleen, even melancholic atmosphere but an atmosphere to take your breath away with this melodious, musical voice; a voice so well set up that I enjoy listening to it there, I reputed to listen to Prog only for the instrumental parts. Yes you already understood, this disc captivates me and makes me want to whisper the chorus in concert; the solo here is well placed, quite long, very nervous, just as I secretly and ardently wished during my last column on "Season 8". "Mers Lacrymales" hooked to the last track by a flight of planes ?, which shows the concept thought of the album, a track that flows like water to the sea, fast and with some convolutions.
"Dieter Bohm" for act 2, also chained, which begins to retrace the story of this famous man, title a little behind with fairly simple choirs, but a rhythm on percussion that is fairly tribal and impressive, gives a boost peps (energy in France!) at the end of the track where you have to tune the radio. "Baume" then slides with the splendid, fragile voice of Dominique, a little piano, marimba and voila for a title of goldsmith, reminding me at times of magical titles that Peter GABRIEL was able to release solo, c is to say.
Act 3 with a single title "A Lunar Face" on an acoustic guitar, we feel the title to rest a little that nay, a sudden rise with Léode and synths leaves the title thanks again to the crescendo voice of Dominique; the Leode then goes first to show the extent of its capabilities, it is heavy, taking, bewitching, it is rave, we would like even more so the explosion was pleasant.
Act 4 follows with "The flight" and an instrumental half-rhythmic, half-devilish which allows you to fly for a few minutes elsewhere, in an ethereal space, the time to see the arrival of "The Flying Man", that's good, for the title reminder in my opinion, title signed LAZULI, everything is there, atmosphere, sound, break, verses with lyrics highlighted, the musical sounds recessed at this time to better express themselves during the chorus; here, no spleen, a cheerful, enjoyable energy, a moment of rejoicing when "Dieter is beautiful and joins the guitars", yes I told you, this group is still incredible to reconcile instruments and voice in a progressive space in this almost perfect way; the solo part with synth and Léode who issues notes flirting with brass instruments at times gives a layer to the possibilities of the group.
The epilogue "In The Нands Of Dieter" still chained, so 42 minutes nonstop in fact, with an instrumental intro eastern limit, ether again in my opinion with these voices in the distance, the title that tells you a happy end of history , a title without too many excellent passages, so no fireworks, but that's already a lot considering the score of the album, just the title reminder that lets you go with the waves of the sea; the title that closes the album with a trance-like voice that recalls his instruments for the orchestral, festive, enjoyable and Lazulian finale. Well, the long-awaited concept album is out, the baby is delivered and it is very beautiful! LAZULI therefore made a great album, less linear, less repetitive, more expressive, more based also on the quality of the instrumental; we find there the magic Leode and the guitar in prow on pieces cut for the scene, the progressive side explodes here there, even if we are already beyond the prog in fact. No boo here, besides I do not cite influencing groups, that too is a sign.

(c) alainPP, PA
===

Enjoy!

--- wfido
Ответ