Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 30.03.2018, 13:21
Michael Baryshnikov

По умолчанию Cyril

Michael Baryshnikov написал(а) к All в Mar 18 12:08:16 по местному времени:

Нello All!

Залит Cyril/(2016)_Paralyzed

Ещё один диск Кирила.
В принципе, всё тот же нео-прог, но всё же ближе к новому прогу. Интересные мелодии, практически без помпезности, красивая гитара, хороший вокал, отличные тексты.
Видно, что группа развивается в правильную сторону.
Рекомендую!

===
Line-up / Musicians

- Larry Brodel (Toxic Smile) / vocals
- Manuel Schmid / vocals
- Marek Arnold (Toxic Smile, Seven steps to the green door, Flaming Row) / keys, sax, clarinet
- Denis Strassburg / bass, programming
- Clemens Litschko / drums & percussion
- Ralf Dietsch / guitars, mandolin
With:
- Guy Manning / lyrics
===

(c) Review by kev rowland, PA

German band Cyril came into existence in 2010 when former members of melodic rock band Gabria decided to move their music in a different direction. Keyboard and sax player Marek Arnold (Toxic Smile, Seven Steps To The Green Door, Flaming Row etc.) and I have been in contacted quite a bit recently, and he kindly sent me everything he has been involved with, which means that I am now catching up their last album, 2016's 'Paralyzed'. I reviewed their 2013 debut 'Gone Through The Years' when it was released, but hadn't got to this one as it had been released while I was on an enforced break from reviewing while I was putting together a book of all my reviews from 1991-2006, but I did really enjoy that one, so was looking forward to this.

I wasn't disappointed, as yet again it reminds me very much of Nineties-style Jadis, although it is also quite different, but there is something in the melodic and laid-back approach that really works here. The vocals are spot on from Larry Br'del (Toxic Smile) and Manuel Schmid, guitarist Ralf Dietsch has a wonderfully delicate touch not too dissimilar to Andrew Latimer or Gary Chandler, Clemens Litschko is an unsung here at the back with powerful drumming indeed, while Denis Strassburg hangs it all together on bass. But what makes the real difference here is the work of Marek, who not only uses a multitude of keyboard sounds and piano, but is also provides woodwind that allows the band to have that extra element, that extra touch of class.

As with the debut, this is a wonderful melodic progressive rock album that is immediate on first hearing, yet also rewards those prepared to put in the time and listen to it carefully and repeatedly. Great stuff.
===

Enjoy!
WBR, Michael Baryshnikov.

--- wfido
Ответ

Опции темы
Опции просмотра