Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 17.08.2016, 16:37
Michael Baryshnikov

По умолчанию VAK

Michael Baryshnikov написал(а) к All в Feb 16 19:08:32 по местному времени:

Нello All!

Залит VAK/(2015)_Aedividea

Второй диск замечательного французского прогрессив/РИО/зюль-коллектива.
Сразу продупредю - зюль там совсем таки НЕ магновский, музыка более жёсткая и, невзирая на наличие типичных для стиля моментов, более металлическая. Есть и откровенно авангардные моменты, но не много. В целом - весьма интересно и... занимательно.
Рекомендую!

===
Aedividea
Vak Zeuhl
(c) Review by Mellotron Storm, PA

I was pretty much stunned after my first listen of this album leaving me wondering why this album and band aren't being talked about a lot more than they are. Then I found out it was the fourth highest rated 2015 release on the Gnosis site, and then I discovered that one of my favourite reviewers Tom Нayes had given it 4.5 out of 5 stars and yes I felt vindicated I suppose. VAK are a young band out of France who bring to mind ESKATON, EIDER STELLAIRE and MAGMA. The guitar is a nice touch and it can be aggressive at times. Also the flute is quite prominent bringing to mind DUN at various moments. This album was mastered by Udi Koomran so it sounds fantastic. The keyboardist created the album cover. By the way this album was initially going to be released as two Eps but instead they combined the recordings. I am such a sucker for Fender Rhodes driven Zeuhl but then add some guitar and flute and well I'm in heaven.

"IJKL" has this bass intro as it starts to build. Нow freaking good is the Fender Rhodes here. The guitar starts to make some noise then the tempo picks up before 2 minutes with the guitar playing over top. Vocals follow and man this reminds me of EIDER STELLAIRE with the guitar and Fender rhodes especially. Fuzzed out guitar after 3 minutes then it settles back but the guitar continues. So good! It turns more powerful then the Fender Rhodes comes to the fore.

"Aedividea" is spacey to start and the flute joins in at 1 1/2 minutes, then drums as it builds. Female vocals 3 minutes in. I love this stuff! It kicks into gear at 4 minutes with heavy guitar expressions eventually joining in. Check out the fast paced vocals too. It does settle back some as the flute plays over top but it's still uptempo with busy drums. A calm before 8 1/2 minutes but then it turns powerful again rather quickly. It settles back 9 1/2 minutes in female vocals and guitar standing out. The vocal melodies and drums sound incredible before 11 minutes then we get another calm a minute later as it turns trippy. Great track!

"Alzh" opens with Fender Rhodes, vocal melodies and drums as guitar melodies come and go. It's a slow burn at this point. The pace picks up with guitar, Fender Rhodes and drums leading the way. The vocals are back before 2 minutes then the flute comes in playing over top. A calm before 5 minutes then it becomes heavier but still a slow burn with vocal melodies and more. A spacey calm of almost silence before 8 minutes to the end. "Zeom" sounds amazing when it kicks into a higher gear 1 1/2 minutes in with the vocals, guitar and drums standing out. The vocals stop a minute later as the heaviness continues but with flute this time. The vocals are back before 4 minutes as it settles down some. A MAGMA vibe after 5 minutes as the flute seems to go in circles with random drum patterns. It picks up some before winding down 8 1/2 minutes in.

"Ellien" is led early by the drums, vocals and guitar as it builds. It lightens before 1 1/2 minutes as the Fender Rhodes comes in. It picks up again then it's the guitar/ piano show after 4 minutes. The vocals are back late to end it. "Periscopy" features some complex instrumental work early on. Vocals before 1 1/2 minutes and these soprano vocals bring a eerie vibe to the proceedings not to mention that it's darker here after 3 minutes. It picks up a minute later as the vocals are replaced by the flute. Check out the drumming before 7 minutes. A calm follows and we get some nice guitar a minute later.

I am so stoked about this record. The first track is like Zeuhl 101 and I love it but the second half of this album especially is quite dense at times and a bit of a challenge which I appreciate. A top three album for me for 2015.
===

Bass - Joël Crouzet
Design - Alexandre Michaan, Aurélie Saintecroix
Drums - Vladimir Mejstelman
Flute - Juliette Drigny
Guitar - Thomas Bourgenot
Keyboards - Alexandre Michaan
Mixed By - Alexandre Michaan
Music By - VAK
Vocals - Aurélie Saintecroix

Partly influenced by a time travel into the progressive seventies the new release is decorated with less zeuhl aspects than before. Again full of ideas, melodies, rhythm changes and contrasts, the band manages to remain at a high level in their own recognizable sonic outfit. Each of the three compositions varies in waves of floating lightness and dramatical intensifications, modeled in a complex manner but without top-heavy constraints. Instead emotional expression and deepness between sadness and hope seems to be the driving force. A kind of music that reveals itself in its subtleties and stratifications in wide parts only after repeated listening.

The quality in addition to the mastery of the instruments is in the sensitivity to set counterpoints to let the music breathe. The ingredients are ethereal flute and vocals combined with imaginative keyboard playing, alternated by sometimes aggressive guitar parts seemingly almost knocking at the metal door on a base of driving and varied rhythm layers.
(c)CD
===

Инджой!
---
WBR, Michael Baryshnikov.

--- wfido
Старый 05.12.2018, 14:22
Michael Baryshnikov

По умолчанию VAK

Michael Baryshnikov написал(а) к All в Dec 18 13:06:30 по местному времени:

Нello All!

Залит VAK/(2018)_Budo

Ещё один диск от этой французской прогрессив-рок-группы.
Зюль. В отличие от предыдущего альбома не такой жёсткий, а практически классический.
Три вещи, две из которых 25+ минут.
Красиво.
ВЕСЬМА РЕКОМЕНДУЮ!

Enjoy!
WBR, Michael Baryshnikov.

--- wfido
Ответ

Опции темы
Опции просмотра