Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 21.01.2020, 20:12
Michael Baryshnikov

По умолчанию Sahara

Michael Baryshnikov написал(а) к All в Jan 20 19:01:31 по местному времени:

Нello All!

Залит Sahara/(1974)_Sunrise

Добавлен первый из двух выпущенных этой группой дисков.
В данном случае не могу сказать, что "они понадёргали отовсюду". Альбом неровный, но весьма неплох. Резковаты переходы, но это даже забавно.
Заглавная вещь длиной в 27 минут тоже не кажется излишне затянутой.
Рекомендую!

===
(c) SUBJECT ESQ. / SAНARA biography, PA

SUBJECT ESQ. were a German band from the early 70s. The music is rather typical early 70s proto-prog with elements of JETНRO TULL (for the flute-guitar interplay), early YES, and the occasional saxophone riffs remind of early VAN DER GRAAF GENERATOR. There are some spacier and/or symphonic parts that recall NEKTAR, GENESIS (around "Trespass"), and maybe early ELOY. The band continued under the new name SAНARA after this album. Second album of German progressive, "For All The Clowns" is more straighter with an overdose of progressive influences, notably FOCUS / YES and CARAVAN and a potpourri styles.
===

SUBJECT ESQ. / SAНARA
Sunrise
(c) Review by jasonpw, PA

This is a somewhat complex one to review, as there are several tempo changes in the songs that can take you by surprise. Anyway, here goes...the cd kicks off with "Marie Celeste'' (7:32),which starts out with a classical piece for 20 seconds,then gets rocking! But,just when you think it will be an all out rock song, thing's quiet down at 1 minute and the tempo changes between mellow(mostly mellow) and heavy for the rest of the song. "Circles'',which is just over 4.5 minutes long, is more of a country twinge song."Rainbow Rider''(8:35) seems to flip-flop back and forth between heavy and mellow. Of course, the real highlight is the "Sunrise'' song, which clocks in at almost 27.5 minutes. I will give a rundown of the ''Sunrise'' song..In the first 38 seconds, you can hear water sounds. Then,the music kicks in,with some flute work(it sort of reminds me of the Jethro Tull song "Living In The Past'').Between 2:16 and 5:20, there is a keyboard solo,then the music comes back into play,with several tempo changes throughout the rest of the song and musical influences,including rock,classical,and thunder sound effects between 10 and 11 minutes into the song. There is also some flute work at times.You have to hear this to believe it,though it may take a few listens. If I had to compare Sahara to anyone, it would have to be NEKTAR or ELOY , with a bit of JETНRO TULL thrown in for the flute parts.In my opinion,this should have gotten more recognition. I recommend getting this.
===

UBJECT ESQ. / SAНARA
Sunrise
(c) Review by hdfisch, PA

I've got to say that this one isn't my favourite Sahara album and honestly I don't think it should be considered as good as its follow-up though many progsters loving long experimental tracks might find this one more interesting. But especially this side-long track makes it quite difficult for me to fully enjoy this record. Though it certainly has its great moments (more in its second part) and into parts it reminds of Yes-Relayer-period I find it just much too long and especially in its first half there's little happening and the music sounds too pointless and incoherent. But this might have to do with the fact that I'm usually not fascinated by synthesizer tunes which are dominating here. So what about the three tracks on side one? Of those ones actually only the opener “Marie Celeste“ which alternates between a more symphonic sound and jazz rock appears convincing to my ears in terms of Prog. "Circles" though being a pleasant song reminds too much of west-coast or even country rock style and "Rainbow Rider" starts like a straight forward rock'n'roll song becoming more interesting just in its second half. Thus overall I couldn't say at all that Sunrise is throughout an excellent album although it's really not a bad one either. Fans of experimental long-tracks and progressive electronic might find side two interesting but in general I'd rather recommend their third and last album as a starting point. But I'd add an extra half star if possible!
===

WBR, Michael Baryshnikov.

--- wfido
Ответ