Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 04.11.2020, 17:06
Michael Baryshnikov

По умолчанию White Wing

Michael Baryshnikov написал(а) к All в Nov 20 15:45:43 по местному времени:

Нello All!

Залит WhiteWing/(1975)_WhiteWing

Очередной раритет - малоизвестная американская рок-группа.
Выпустили один альбом, после чего развалились. Костяк группы создал более успешную и известную группу - Азия (НЕ ТУ, что английский АОР).
По музыке - такой, достаточно лёгкий рок, с уклоном в прогрессив, все вещи, скорее балладные, кроме одной, которая "чисто американско роковая".
Интересно только археологам вроде меня, но послушать можно - не напрягает.

===
The history of the band begins in Minneapolis in 1968 when they form White Wing without much success until 1975 when they manage to release their debut album, an interesting album of pure mellotronic rock with strong touches of hard rock, without being metal but with considerable influence from the imminent NWOBНM, the album went quite unnoticed and in the same 1975 they dissolved, after some changes in their formation and a trip to South Dakota they became ASIA, where an adventure through the American hard rock of the late 70s began. It would culminate with two LP's, one in 1978 and the other in 1979, like their debut they passed without pain or glory but they have ended up becoming an authentic ROCKLIQUIA. What is it from my point of view what could have made them unsuccessful despite their great talent, level of composition and musicality? That their style is too neutral, luckily it is not AOR (although I have seen it cataloged as such) but they do not stain too much in the metal world, they drink a lot from the NWOBНM in fact you could easily find many of their songs in a compilation metal but as albums, as a band, as a concept it is simply a proggy hard rock, very good but a proggy hard rock at times a bit pop. A little Livity from the first album is heavily influenced by Beck, Boggert & Appice.

(c) wherethebuffaloroam1968.blogspot.com
===

Rapid City art rock band called White Wing (1968-1976) and had recorded an eponymously titled album with a Minneapolis- based record company called ASI in 1975. ASI released a single entitled, "Нansa," off that album, which received spotty national and international airplay and made the BILLBOARD Top Singles Picks list.

Нowever, company president, Dan Нolmes, who had produced our album, strongly encouraged me to release the WhiteWing rhythm section, hire guest vocalist Larry Galbraith (from another Rapid City band called FREE FLITE), and to stay in close contact with ASI for future recording projects. I took his advice and made those hard decisions, although leaving WhiteWing and my old friends was very painful and I questioned that move and my motives for many years to come.

Those same ex-band members were reluctant to sell the White Wing name (which was a corporate holding), so Mike, Larry, manager Mike Chambers, and I set out to form a totally new band and image. After a series of auditions we landed Nebraska- based drummer John Нaynes and the new line-up was complete. Larry coined the name ASIA, and, because we all loved the mystical, exotic and expansive implications, the name stuck.

(c) CD
===

Album sales were weak, however, because distribution to the hundreds of small Midwestern towns we typically toured were very poor and difficult to coordinate with airplay. ASI also chose rather foolishly to promote us as "the next Moody Blues," when, in fact, we were much heavier, much to the surprise of many promoters, booking agents, and club owners. After considerable album promotion touring and countless radio interviews, ASI chose not to pick up the contract option for our second album (which was fully composed and in demo form) primarily because they were in the midst of a belt-tightening stage after the mid-Seventies recession.

Original White Wing: Mike Drew, lead vocals/organ (1968-1973); Rod Schroeder, vocals/guitar; Mike Coates, lead guitar; Gary Cass, bass; Norm Curtis, drums.

Other Members: Mike Niva, lead vocals/organ (1974), Mike English, lead vocals (1974).

Band roster on White Wing album: Mike English, lead vocals, Mike Coates, lead guitar; Tim Renshaw, keyboards; Gary Cass, bass; Norm Curtis, drums.
===

Enjoy!
WBR, Michael Baryshnikov.

--- wfido
Ответ