Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 03.03.2019, 12:42
Michael Baryshnikov

По умолчанию Swifan Eolh And The Mudra Choir

Michael Baryshnikov написал(а) к All в Mar 19 11:23:45 по местному времени:

Нello All!

Залит SwifanEolh_And_The_Mudra_Choir/(2019)Key

Новое имя у нас на сервере: прог-рок-коллектив из Норвегии.
Представляем их дебютный альбом.
Отличный новый прог, в лучших традициях норвегов: печальный, неторопливый, мелодичный.
РЕКОМЕНДУЮ!

===
(c) Swifan Eolh & The Mudra Choir biography, PA

Founded 2015 in Grenland, Norway

Tom Inge Andersen (bass) and Rune Seip Bjornflaten (guitar, vocals) created the band with the goal to merge their two distinctive writing and composing styles. Drummer Jarle Alfsen soon joined in 2015. They recorded a promotional demo which resulted in a support gig for Gong in 2017. Female singer and dancer Synøve Jacobsen then joined to complete the band's core.

Early 2018 they signed a contract with the record label 'Apollon Records'. The debut album 'The Key' was executed by the whole band playing live in the studio, while later on overdubbing some vocals, guitars and keyboards. Lyrically seeking in esoteric traditions and arranged with vintage as well as contemporary approach the songs are covering diverse progressive rock styles.

===
The Key
Swifan Eolh & The Mudra Choir
Eclectic Prog, 2019
(c) Review by Rivertree, PA

A singalong case, sooner or later. 'The Sun Is Always Burning' ... well, probably you've experienced this too, one may listen to an album, and after a minute lately you're quite sure that a particular song is going to be a hit (prog-wise). Now here we go! Wounded Dreamers marks a really fantastic entry into this affair. What helped me to stay in standby mode, being sure that they yet won't have fired all their ammunition at once. Lyrically seeking into spiritual attitude, traditions, the songs are based on ideas evolved by Rune Seip Bjørnflaten (guitar, vocals) and Tom Inge Andersen (bass). Drummer Jarle Alfsen is completing the rhythm section, Synøve Jacobsen furthermore will contribute some nice female vocals. That would be the staff which went into the studio in order to record the basics, while later overdubbing vocals, guitars, and finally the keyboards with support by two guest musicians.

Who will need a rough orientation beforehand, categories are difficult to place here. In the meanwhile I would say this comes canterbury drenched predominantly, somewhat Gong related. And yes, Gilli Smyth is aboard with a post mortem spoken words contribution. But what strikes in particular, you won't miss open minded approach, entertainment, creativeness, joy of playing. As noted before, they are coming in with strong momentum. The opener turns out to be a multi-varianted piece of work, offering a cornucopia of impressions. Bjørnflaten's varied guitar presence for example, partially Steve Нowe inspired. Andersen's dynamic bass playing serves the fundament for a proper groove. Silky keyboards (rhodes, mellotron, organ), well thought out polyphonic vocal arrangements ... 'And The Moon Is Reflecting Its Lights'. Wow!

A different face then due to the acoustic guitar driven ballad Нeart Of Sadness. And I also wanted to mention another example of skillfully presented vocals on Spiders In The Old Café, where Earth, Shakes, Rattles n Rolls sounds arranged with some Jethro Tull influences. Tides Are Turning is serving a special charming and relaxed mood. The circle closes by using The Key, provided with more psychedelic pop vibe and picking up some impressions from the opening song. Great job! Due to multiple facets given this album is recommended to a wide range of prog fans ... okay, except those who are die-hard metalheads maybe. I know, I'm using this as a mantra probably, but don't judge a production by its first or second spin solely, take your time. I effectively learned to like the entire album more and more.
===

Enjoy!
WBR, Michael Baryshnikov.

--- wfido
Ответ

Опции темы
Опции просмотра