Michael Baryshnikov написал(а) к All в Nov 18 12:36:11 по местному времени:

Нello All!

Залиты диски Abel_Ganz:
(1984)Gratuitous_Flash_(2016Remaster)
(1985)Gullible'sTravels
(1994)DeafeningSilence
(2008)ShootingAlbatross
(2014)AbelGanz

Добавлена оставшаяся дискография Абель Ганца.
Интересно было посмотреть на группу, которая начинала, как чисто нео-проговая, но с годами превратилась практически в олд-скульный Генезис.
Весьма рекомендую!

Enjoy!
WBR, Michael Baryshnikov.

--- wfido
Старый 19.09.2020, 18:42
Michael Baryshnikov

По умолчанию Abel Ganz

Michael Baryshnikov написал(а) к All в Sep 20 17:25:31 по местному времени:

Нello All!

Ну, понеслась... думал: с чего начать новый сезон и решил идти по алфавиту, с двух сторон...

Залит AbelGanz/(2020)_Life_Of_The_Нoney_Bee_And_Other_Moments_OfClarity

Шесть лет прошло и вот - новый альбом ветеранов британского прога. Интересный диск, хотя... вот об их прошлой пластинке я писал, что они стали совсем "генезисные", так вот - этого (к сожалению) нет, хотя на первой композиции явное влияние Генезиса и прослушивается. Но и к своему нео-прогу 80-х они тоже не вернулись. В общем - такой "АОР с генезиевским отливом", но, в целом, приятно.
Рекомендую!

===
ABEL GANZ
The Life of the Нoney Bee and Other Moments of Clarity
Neo-Prog, 2020
(c) Review by horza

I first became aware of Abel Ganz when their lead singer Alan Reed replaced Euan Lowson as the singer in Pallas, a favourite band of mine in the early 1980's. Pallas had played my local music venue a couple of times and I have to say that I was spoiled as Marillion, Pendragon and Solstice also graced my wee Scottish town with their prog magnificence. I must now confess that I am a fairly recent Abel Ganz convert, after having met their new guitarist, David King, at a Genesis tribute band gig.

I have been listening to this album a lot since it was released and did the fanboy thing of buying a signed copy (you have to support your local progsters). The whole package is a labour of love, from the music production all the way through to the artwork. The album is meticulously mixed by Simon Vinestock (who has apparently worked with artists such as Texas, Blur, Robert Plant and Simple Minds) and brims with class and finesse.

The album opens with the eponymous track which reminds me in places of Big Big Train and the Tangent. It is an epic, reassuring piece which just breathes progressive rock. I look forward to visiting their back catalogue and feel quite guilty that it has taken me so long to appreciate their talent.

Next up is 'One Small Soul' which features Scottish folk singer Emily Smith, who duets delightfully with Mick Mcfarlane. This is a superb track, heartfelt and uplifting, melancholy and serene. A radio edit also appears at the end of the album.

Track three, 'Arran Shores' is a paen in honour of one of Scotland's jewels, the Isle of Arran. Written and performed by David King, it is a haunting instrumental which reminds me of Newton Faulkner in places.

'Summerlong' is a sentimental, evocative piece, which conjures memories of lives and loves past. Quite sad actually. Midway a Genesis-type keyboard solo raises the tempo before the song draws to a close.

'Sepia and White' then raises the rafters! It reminds me of Magic Pie and The Flower Kings. I love the soulful keyboard solo about five minutes in which heralds a Threshold, Dream Theater-type section. The electric guitar really shines in this track. I wish I could play like that. But I know a man who can.

'The Light Shines Out' is my favourite track. I just LOVE this song. This one takes me back to my all-time favourite album - 1984's 'A Walk Across The Rooftops' by The Blue Nile. The vocals are a cross between Paul Buchanan and Peter Gabriel. This song is now WAY up there for me. It ends with a funky section which I would have LOVED to segue into a longer movement.

Do yourself a favour. Give this album a listen and be thankful that Abel Ganz produce songs of grace, feeling, emotion and hope.
===

WBR, Michael Baryshnikov.

--- wfido
Ответ