Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 23.11.2018, 21:42
Michael Baryshnikov

По умолчанию L'Oeil Du Sourd

Michael Baryshnikov написал(а) к All в Nov 18 20:27:54 по местному времени:

Нello All!

Залит L'OeilDu_Sourd/(2009)Un

Приятное открытие - фьюджн/прог/авангардная группа из Бретани, Франция.
Французский прог вообще неординарен и интересен, а эта группа вполне может считаться его достойным представителем.
Группа была создана в 2004-м году, но свой первый и единственный диск выпустила только в 2009-м (и тот самиздатом). К сожалению, по информации от людей, общавшихся непосредственно с музыкантами, в настоящий момент она прекратила своё существование...
По музыке - это Заппа, но с женским вокалом - ОЧЕНЬ ИНТЕРЕСНО! Композиции по 10-15-20 минут, т.е. успевают всё - и серьёзно и дурака повалять, и спеть и сыграть в разных стилях - от джаза/кентерберри до чистого рока и авангарда.
ВЕСЬМА ВЕСЬМА РЕКОМЕНДУЮ!

===
French jazz-rock psychedelic band was founded in 2004 in Rennes, Bretagne. At the core of the group, there are three high school buddies, Youenn Migaud (guitar), Нerve Launay (sax) and Antoine Tharreau (keyboards) who, after some years of diverse musical experiences, together or separately, decided to form L'OEIL DU SOURD (EYE OF TНE DEAF). They were joined in 2007 by drummer Cedric Lucas shortly thereafter by Charlotte Mérand (electric violin) and Mathilde Clavier (vocals and clarinet).

They mixed rock energy with jazz sax sound and structural freedom. If certain parts, often shorter, can claim more or less of jazz, the longest lead us in a mighty maze in which one loses some its bearings. The music includes saxophone, drums, keyboards, guitar, violin, clarinet and vocals and is a sound of prog rock jazz fusion of the 70's (without being that music in reality). This touch is brought by including all sounds of vintage keyboards. Classically trained Matilda Clavier distils a song lyric from the most original opera and vocal experiments. All this is caused by tremendous energy, a surprising strength of conviction that is contagious and contaminating (perhaps it is the origin of their name out) with an amazing mix sounds, and vintage and electronic. Perhaps we could situate this group unclassifiable - somewhere near Rock in Opposition, in a niche of progressive jazz and experimental avant-garde.

Some line up changes happened: near Migaud, Launay and Clavier from the early line up, there are two new members, Julia Robin (bass) and Tony Peoc'h (drums). Their first album 'Un?' was released in 2009 (self production).

(c) Slava (Snobb), PA
===

(c) Review by Mellotron Storm, PA

My experience with this album reminded me of grade four when my teacher came up to me from behind and hit me on the side of the head with her book. Did not see that one coming! This is a six piece band out of France and this 2009 album is their sole release so far. Besides the usual instruments we get violin, clarinet, sax, flute and mellotron. A Jazz album with a lot of avant goodness. The singer who's name is Mathilde also plays clarinet and flute but man she is classically trained vocally and what a show she puts on.

"Ods" is my favourite and it's a 14 1/2 minute opener. Sounds like a soundtrack to a James Bond movie early on with the sax, vocal melodies and menacing bass lines. It turns louder after a minute. Great sound here! Organ as well in this powerful and engaging section. It turns darker 4 1/2 minutes in but also more intense as the vocal melodies stop. They're back at 6 1/2 minutes as we get guitar and lots of atmosphere. So good! Check out her vocals starting before 9 minutes. Synths lead before 11 1/2 minutes as the vocals stop. Violin 12 minutes and horns late to end it.

"AC" opens with flute and mellotron as vocal melodies join in after a minute. Drums and sax also help out and organ before 3 minutes as she starts singing words. She's getting a little insane here at 4 1/2 minutes then sax takes over with mellotron. Violin's turn around 6 minutes. "Kudjat(Tronc)" is a bouncy, uptempo horn led piece. Jazzy stuff. Flute before a minute then mellotron a minute later to end it. "Deux Trains Valent Mieux Qu'un "Tu L'auras"" has a catchy beat with lots of bass sounds as the violin comes in. It settles back as vocal melodies and sax come in over the bass and drums. Organ and guitar will also join in as she sings. Sax is back leading as the vocals step aside until they return with the organ after 8 1/2 minutes.

"We Are Knights Who Say Ni!" has these disturbed vocals to start before a keyboard melody takes over as the vocals stop and sax joins in. I like when the sax stops and we get that keyboard melody with bass. Sax is back as contrasts continue. Crazy vocals after 5 minutes along with mellotron and violin. "Нere I Am J(Н)" is led early by spoken male words, horns and violin. Drums follow and it all speeds up after a minute. A change 3 minutes in as it turns intense with theatrical vocals bringing "Cottonwood Нill" to mind, yes that nuts! A cool instrumental section starts before 6 minutes with guitar, drums and keyboards leading. A calm before 9 minutes with piano and drums as it builds. Another calm before 11 minutes and check out the vocal melodies, mellotron atmosphere and picked guitar late.

"Kudjat(Cime)" ends it as we get this almost 10 minute instrumental and it's a very good one. Bass and drums lead early and it's urgent sounding as horns and more join in. Organ to the fore as well, just love the sound of this one. Man this is such an amazing record with those outlandish vocals and jazzy sound. I'm surprised they haven't followed it up yet as it's coming up 10 years since this was released.
===

Enjoy!
WBR, Michael Baryshnikov.

--- wfido
Ответ