Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 25.12.2016, 17:40
Michael Baryshnikov

По умолчанию Violeta de Outono

Michael Baryshnikov написал(а) к All в Dec 16 16:37:32 по местному времени:

Нello All!

Залит VioletaDe_Outono/(2016)Spaces

Ещё один альбом этой легендарной бразильской прог-рок-группы.
Живы ещё старички! Альбом, в основном, лирический, олд-скульный - никаких нововведений, никаких современных эффектов и влияний - старый, добрый прог.
Рекомендую!

===
Spaces
Violeta De Outono
Psychedelic/Space Rock, 2016
(c) Review by Mellotron Storm, PA

What I love about this Brazilian band is how warm and beautiful the music is. Their "Volume 7" album is one of my all time favourites, it's so uplifting and emotional. The followup to that "Espectro" got away from that vibe quite a bit but it was still a very solid album while this the latest "Spaces" is a return to form in a way, but still a different shade in many ways as well. Fabio's voice and guitar remain the constant thankfully, along with that floating organ. I can't get over how much this grew on me as well, it wasn't instant love by any means.

"Imagens" is a top three for me as we get 12 minutes of the warm music I was talking about. Drums and organ standout in the intro before it settles into a groove very quickly. Some nice prominent bass here as the organ floats along and the guitar plays over top. Electric piano and drums lead for a while then the organ and bass are back out front. A calm around 2 1/2 minutes in, man this is good. Vocals for the first time just before 4 minutes. The vocals step aside as the organ and picked guitar take over before 6 1/2 minutes. It turns spacey around 7 1/2 minutes then these driving drums kick in with synths and more. Keys only after 10 minutes before the drums, guitar then organ return.

"Kevinland" has a light soundscape of strummed guitar as reserved female vocals join in along with piano. There's a feel good vibe from this one and the bass is upfront too. "Parallax T- Blues" features synths galore, in fact this is Electronic music all the way. I've not heard them do this before but I like it. This goes on for over 2 minutes when a driving rhythm kicks in out of nowhere. And I'm thinking CAMEL here! What? Maybe early GONG. But with spacey synths over top. So good! The guitar starts to solo over top after 3 1/2 minutes. A top three for sure.

"Imagens(Reprise)" is a short piece consisting of some intricate guitar sounds. "Flowers On The Moon" hits the ground running and with vocals too. Very "Volume 7" like right here as the organ floats over top. A bright and enjoyable track that brings me joy. "A Painter Of The Mind" opens with a guitar melody as the vocals join in and I'm smiling as we get the same mood as the previous tune. A calm before 3 minutes but it's brief as it kicks in again but no vocals this time until 3 1/2 minutes in with floating organ and more.

"Cidade Extinta" is my final top three and it opens with some very busy drum work as organ and guitar light it up. It calms right down with floating organ and reserved vocals join in. Nice bass 1 1/2 minutes in. Check out the sound a minute later as the vocals stop and the guitar, bass and organ impress. Synths follow as the drums continue to pound away. Vocals are back then we get this great sounding instrumental section with driving upfront bass lines, drums and organ. It settles after 5 minutes with melancholic synths and mood, my favourite part of the album and it lasts until after 7 1/2 minutes when it brightens back up. Another calm with piano, bass, organ and drums 8 1/2 minutes in and reserved vocals join in as well.

Without question one of my favourites from 2016 and for me their number two recording after "Volume 7".
===

Инджой!
WBR, Michael Baryshnikov.

--- wfido
Ответ