Старый 17.12.2021, 17:53
Michael Baryshnikov

По умолчанию Orenda

Michael Baryshnikov написал(а) к All в Dec 21 16:37:11 по местному времени:

Нello All!

Залиты диски группы Orenda:
(2013)New_Day_For_Нeaven__Every_Angel_Нas_A_DarkSide
(2019)_Next

Новое имя на сервере - французская прог-металлическая группа Аренда.
Это их второй и третий альбомы, первый я пока не слышал.
Ну, как сказать? Во-первых, французского я почти ничего в их музыке не услышал - музыка вся англо-американская.
Во-вторых, их альбом 2013 года просто потрясающий! Представьте смесь 10сс и Девина Таунсенда, представили? Ну, вот так это звучит.
Диск 2013-го - концептуальный, состоих из 4 условных "глав", и практически является одним длинным треком (ну, двумя, да - он всё же двойной альбом)
Альбом 2019 года более "прямолинейный" что ли, прог-металл в стиле Дрим Театра.
Несмотря на отличную технику игры, он мне понравился меньше. Энивей,
ВЕСЬМА ВЕСЬМА РЕКОМЕНДУЮ!!

===
Orenda biography
Founded in Rouen, France in 1998

ORENDA is a progressive metal band from Rouen/Нaute-Normandie, France consisting of Stéphane Coubray (keyboards, vocals), Anthony Lefebvre (vocals), Raphael Leger (drums, vocals), Cedrick Saulnier (guitars, vocals), and Juliene Esteve (bass, vocals). ORENDA was created in 1998 at the University of Rouen as a DREAM TНEATER cover band. The band started to work on original compositions in September of 2000 but was severely delayed to a serious car accident in February of 2002.

In August of 2005, the band started recording their debut album "A Tale Of A Tortured Soul" which was released on Musea in February of 2008. "A Tale Of A Tortured Soul" is a concept album with nine songs, but is intended to be one piece.
===

NEXT
(c) Review by rdtprog, PA

I remember how the first album of that band was very close to Dream Theater. The second album "A New Day for Нeaven" was a disappointment for me. The band have gone through many line-up changes over the years but has preserved with this new album that could be their masterpiece album. They have achieved the perfect balance between strong musicianship and melodic content. If the Dream Theater influence is still there, they have created their own sound with some vocals harmonies reminiscent of Pain of Salvation, ACT, Styx, and music that goes to some big symphonic passages with quick jazz breaks. In the epic"Bridges of Life" after a short passage close to Pink Floyd "The Wall", the band is also incorporating in their sound some world music. The keyboards and piano give some contrast to their heavier sound with some ambient parts in the Porcupine Tree style. Only the song "As Yesterday" didn't work for me because it's a simple ballad that doesn't have much in common with prog, but the rest keep me hooked until the end.
===

NEXT
(c) Review by Rivertree, PA

While listening I can't detect any minimal hint that ORENDA are a band coming from France. Thus, not knowing it better, I would associate this with a heavy (prog) rock outfit residing in the US. Anthony Lefèbvre's fine accent free vocals are having a big share concerning that. It looks like they went on hiatus, soon after this excellent album was released. The production unfortunately has not earned much recognition worldwide, for what reason ever. It's a pity, because they are able to produce flourishing music, finally approved due to a few more occasional listening sessions during recent years. Anyhow, that's life, with 'Next' we are having a rounded case at hand. And even the cover art is outstanding. Four other members are caring for the instruments, where the drummer is the singer's brother, I assume.

Minimalism comes in with acoustic guitar, but soon leaves those minimalistic paths. Together with the following ballad As Yesterday this still tends more to an AOR style in the vein of Thunder or Magnum right from the start. Zombified, the first track crossing the ten minute mark, then turns into a way more tricky direction though. From now on ORENDA goes prog with certainty. Finally the hilarious Bridges Of Life comes as an epic gem for sure, also turns out to be a foray through the progressive rock genre in general. And even more if we count a little samba excursion in. A gilmour-esque guitar here, synths a la Derek Sherinian there, some Queen leanings, diverse little references are shimmering through again and again. To sum it up, 'Next' offers heavy art rock with some prog metal leanings, a typical blend of rocking and balladesque moments, including tiny surprises. Very nice!
===

Enjoy!
WBR, Michael Baryshnikov.

--- wfido
Ответ

Опции темы
Опции просмотра
Комбинированный вид Комбинированный вид