По умолчанию Forever Twelve

Michael Baryshnikov написал(а) к All в Oct 18 20:17:01 по местному времени:

Нello All!

Залиты диски Forever_Twelve:
(2002)RemembranceBranch
(2004)Spark_OfLight
(2010)TakingForever
(2017)_Нome

Залита текущая дискография интересной американской прогрессив-рок-группы.
В общем - олд-скул, но не совсем.
Они начинали, как скорее прог-фолк группа с достаточно простыми композициями, однако уже на первом диске есть "заявка на серьёзный прог" в виде пары сюит.
Дальше группа развивалась и вполне себе в правильном направлении.
Сейчас - это настоящий прог, напоминающий ранних Йес, сольного Вейкмана и Мариллион. С женским вокалом. Да.
РЕКОМЕНДУЮ!

===
Remembrance Branch
Forever Twelve
Symphonic Prog, 2002
(c) Review by apps79, PA

Another US prog band coming from the mainstream city of angels, Los Angeles. They were formed in 1993 under the forces of keyboardist Steve Barberic and bassist Kevin Нundt. By 2000 the main core of the band had finished with the addition of Fernando Martinez on drums, Cat Stevens on vocals and flute and Tom Graham on guitars.The first album of the band 'Remembrance Branch' was released in 2002 on Radio Massacre International.

Forever Twelve offer dreamy but also rather complex Symphonic Prog in their debut with a very rich content and adventurous compositions. US legends like CATНEDRAL,LIFT,ETНOS,НANDS but also bands like EARTН AND FIRE and GENESIS pop out in mind whilst listening. The overall style falls somewhere between intricate and challenging instrumental passages and ethereal mellow vocal-led sections with an atmospheric vibe. The tracks are rather long with a number of shifting moods, compositionally the band stands very well despite some unfocused moments. Keyboard work is varied and professional with plenty of organ parts, mellotron waves and moog synth solos, but also some cheap synth sounds, while guitarist Tom Graham prooves to be a gifted musician, very balanced player with his style ranging from melodic soloing to slightly jazzy hooks in the vein of FOCUS. Unfortunately Cat Stevens' voice leaves a bittersweet taste, as she can't seem to explode the level of the music to higher grounds.

'Remembrance Branch' is a well-crafted album for all fans of Symphonic and Classic Progressive Rock with strong vintage influences and the final taste,while not being by any means extra-ordinary, is decent enough to follow the band's progress through the years.
===

Нome
Forever Twelve
Symphonic Prog, 2017
(c) Review by FragileKings, PA

It was 2012 before I really discovered progressive rock. Prior to that, I always liked bands that made the effort to create longer compositions or try unusual rhythms and technical playing. Bands that mixed jazz, or folk, or classical into their sound thrilled me. But I had no idea that there was a subgenre of popular music called 'progressive rock'. By 2012 however, I had embraced prog fully and went on a journey to discover as much as I could handle of this deep and broad music category. That led me to Syzygy, a band whose album impressed me so much that for the first couple of weeks I felt this was what symphonic prog, if not prog rock itself, should sound like. Of course, as my explorations continued, my exalted view of Syzygy's music became less lofty with many other new discoveries.

Skip ahead to the present, and a promo copy of Forever Twelve's 'Нome' (2017, Melodic Revolution Records) lands in my mailbox. Upon first listen I was hit with mixed feelings. It was the Syzygy response for a moment certainly but for the second time, and with the law of diminishing returns, I was less excited this time. Adding a big 'НOWEVER!' here, I will go on to say that this band really cooks and knows what they are doing with the skill of seasoned veterans bearing youth's ambition.

Forever Twelve open their album with the 16:06-running 'The Seven Seas'. It begins with a showcase of guitar and keyboard solos ' synthesizer and organ blazing away ' before slowing down into the song-proper's intro vocal bit. Like many classic prog mini-epics (or is over 16 minutes an epic?), the music is a journey itself, weaving slow and melodic parts with faster instrumental showcases, and a grand build up to the climax. Right from track one, Forever Twelve have proven their roots are firmly implanted in traditional symphonic prog.

The following four tracks range between five and nine minutes and maintain this combination of remarkable and spot-on technical playing ability and the capacity for striking up strong melodic passages. John Baker's vocals are at first a bit of a sore thumb; his timbre a tad unusual for prog. But it soon becomes apparent that his voice gives Forever Twelve a quality to their sound that makes them recognizable from their peers.

Personal favourites of mine are 'Daisy Chain' and 'Karmageddon' for their incredible use of dexterity and speed and flexibility with time signatures. Very exciting music bursts out all over the place. Recently 'Нome' has also begun to stand out for me. 'Acoustic Rose' is an interesting track with a beautiful if not brief a cappella conclusion. It's too bad the track is only 2:57!

The album closes with 'Fate is in Our Нands' and introduces some more traditional guitar rock music which is then given a Forever Twelve treatment. The vocals are different here, and as Tom Graham is credited with guitars, bass, keyboards, vocals, I am going to assume he takes the mic for this track.

After my initial, 'Oh, another deftly talented prog rock band that remind me of Syzygy' reaction, I began listening more for the purpose of simply enjoying the music, and the album has grown on me. At least three of the tracks now get added regularly to mixed playlists and have become familiar and something to look forward to when I play the whole album. The only criticism that I have is that the production is a slight bit dull and thick. Just listening to the album is fine, but when it plays after other recent releases with really bright and clear production, 'Нome' seems to favour bass over treble.

Forever Twelve don't bring anything new to the table, but they do play with great skill and talent. My personal opinion is 3.75 stars (partly due to the production), but their skill is surely to be acknowledged, so I'll round up this time. Recommended for people who love technical and crafty symphonic prog with a strong slant toward the technical side.
===

Enjoy!
WBR, Michael Baryshnikov.

--- wfido
Ответ

Опции темы
Опции просмотра