Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 12.10.2021, 14:32
Michael Baryshnikov

По умолчанию Blue Shift

Michael Baryshnikov написал(а) к All в Oct 21 13:14:58 по местному времени:

Нello All!

Залит BlueShift/(1997)_Not_The_Future_IOrdered

Американская прогрессив-рок-группа, выпустившая два альбома в 1997-м 2015-м году.
Я бы назвал их "клоном Йес", но это не совсем так: да, конечно, они играют почти_ как Йес, поют _почти_ как Йкс и даже тематика лириксов _почти как у Йес, но - нет. Скажем так: "группа вдохновлённая творчеством старых Йес" - будет правильнее. В отличие от, скажем, Дрюкфарбена, они не играю йесовские коверы, они всё же создают свой собственный материал и, кстати, весьма неплохого качества.
На альбоме они сыграли свою версию цеппелиновской Имммигрант Сонг, весьма близко к оригиналу, не испортили, в отличии от той же Ванилы Фадж.
Второй их диск пока не слышал, не решил. Энивей,
РЕКОМЕНДУЮ!

===
(c) Blue Shift biography, PA
Recorded in 1997 and again only in 2015

Influenced by Yes and Genesis but other bands come to mind when listening to them, such as Supertramp in terms of vocals and ELP in terms of the keyboards. They are, however more in the vain of the current American prog bands such as Spock's Beard. You get therefore an interesting mix of old and new prog. It is also a mix of different symphonic bands, for instance those mentioned above. They differ from the "Old Masters" in that they compose more succinct and shorter songs, but not less complex.

The vocals evoke Jon Anderson of Yes (and at times those of Supertramp, as said above).
The guitar, while reminiscent of say, Peter Banks, is evidently keeping up with current trend of technical guitar playing. The keyboards bring to mind the Yes sound and ELP virtuosity. For those into new bands playing in the vain of old prog but keeping a modern touch to it, this may be something to dig into.

Their album, Not The Future I Ordered, was released on Musea. It features a cover of Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin.
===

(c) Review by ZowieZiggy, PA

This US band is yet another "Yes" clone (this country has produced many). I tend to be less indulgent with this type of work than some five years ago but let's see...

This album is almost nothing else than a tribute to this great band (well, except the intruder of course). The album opens on a high note to be honest: "Wide Awake And Dreaming" is a very pleasant YesSong: you'll get it all here! Some acoustic guitar intro, Wakeman keys, speedy electric guitar, Jon Anderson on vocals of course, a complex structure i tutti quanti.

If the whole album is made on the same mould, I have to say that we could have had a fine work to discuss about.

The harder title track, seriously leans on ELP for the intro up to the moment during which Jon comes back on the lead. Нectic beat, fine musicianship (I quite like their drummer here) and above average song writing for this type of band.

"Rome" is a different story: it is a romantic ballad like the original model has produced a few. But don't expect a jewel melody a la "Wonderous Stories". This song builds up nicely into some bombastic extravaganza of keys and guitar, but the closing is definitely a parody. Still, not too bad so far.

As far as I'm concerned, from "Walking On Air" onwards, the album has no further value. Short and straight-forward pop songs with a YesColour and that's it. From average (at best) to poor. Even the closing track " Flintridge" which returns to a longer format is not able to capture my attention.

Now, a few words about the intruder. "Immigrant Song" is also featured on this album. Robert & Jon on the same album! What a miracle. Even if the singer in charge of those two roles (Anderson & Plant) is not doing a bad job, it is sufficient to say that these two different styles (which I like both that's not the problem) doesn't fit very well while they are sitting side by side.
===

Enjoy!
WBR, Michael Baryshnikov.

--- wfido
Ответ