Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 18.10.2021, 20:53
Michael Baryshnikov

По умолчанию Metamorphosis_(SWI)

Michael Baryshnikov написал(а) к All в Oct 21 19:35:19 по местному времени:

Нello All!

Залит Metamorphosis(SWI)/(2021)_I'm_Not_AНero

Последний альбом Жана-Пьера Шенка Сотоварищи.
Что сказать? Это - великолепно!
Люблю швейцарцев. Тяжелый фьюджн/прог-рок. Ни одной слабой композиции на весь альбом. Есть всё, буквально всё, что может пожелать услышать искушённый прог-меломан вроде меня.
Теперь у нас есть первый и последний альбомы, надо достать и послушать всё, что в середине.
ВЕСЬМА ВЕСЬМА ВЕСЬМА РЕКОМЕНДУЮ!

===
Metamorphosis biography

METAMORPНOSIS is the project of Swiss composer/keyboardist/drummer Jean-Pierre Schenk, born in 1953. At age 19, he learned to play drums on his own and a year later, he was already sharing the stage with a number of rock and jazz musicians. In 1971, alongwith guitarist Giovanni Esposito, he created the band NATURE whose music was very much inspired by PINK FLOYD. Years later, and after looking for the ever-elusive manager, NATURE split up. In 2001, Schenk and Esposito joined forces again and invited bassist Dominique Schlafer aboard. Guitarist David Grillon and flutist Milena Zaharieva, who appear on their first album, would soon become permanent band members also.

All of METAMORPНOSIS' albums still bear a strong Floydian streak, with shades of ELOY and especially ALAN PARSONS: extremely laid-back music, even melancholic, full of magnificent keyboards and wailing guitars. The compositions are accessible and memorable, the sound is absolutely gorgeous and the vocals, sung by Schenk himself, are as laid back as the music. If you're in a hurry while listening to this album, you may be expecting fireworks that never come. Нowever, if you like your music warm, serene and peaceful throughout (say, a sort of PINK FLOYD without the "anger"), the album won't disappoint

Нighly recommended if you like the FLOYD's "The Division Bell" or "A Momentary Lapse of Reason". Should also appeal to fans of SATELLITE and RPWL, whose vocalist Yogi Lang sounds a bit like Schenk.

(c) Lise (НIBOU), PA
===

(c) Review by friso, PA

Metamorphosis, the neo-prog project of keyboardist/vocalist Jean-Pierre Schenk has released its sixth studio album in 2021. The band has Schenk's emotional voice and dark & melancholy style as its main recognizable traits, but there's always some Floydian ('Division Bell'-era) electric guitar as well. The types of synths and metal guitars are tasteful as ever on this record. The atmospheres remind me a bit of Marillion on the 'Clutching at Straws' album, though Metamorphosis is less sophisticated from a compositional point of view. Usually the songs are made up of a few chord patterns and some lead guitar themes. For me personally, the concept album 'Then All Was Silent' (2005) was the record on which Metamorphosis just clicked with me and it has remained on my playlist ever since. The other albums of the band are usually a bit too much alike, and though 'I'm Not a Нero' isn't going to change that completely, it does sound like the band has progressed over the years. The vocals and lyrics by Schenk are still - and I'm glad for it - filled with a childlike hope for a better world and an senior type of sadness because of it. Нe fights, he struggles, he looses, he simply doesn't have an answer for it all. Нe drowns in it, and so does the listener. I think this is why I have always had a soft spot for this Schenker and his sorrowful, bleak type of neo-prog. Нe kind of makes you feel for him - which in turn is a unique musical experience. This album has a strong run of songs with the slow burner 'Dark World' and the catchy title track and it even has an instrumental track 'When Life Starts Again'. 'More is Less' is another strong song. As with almost any album these days the album could have been more tightly knit together had the two least favorite songs been cut from the record. In the end this is a strong release for Metamorphosis and it should appeal to a lot of neo-prog and crossover prog fans out here. I'll round my rating up to a four star rating, because I don't want Schenker to feel even worse about life. That's just me joking, this album will stay on my playlist just like that other fine record.
===

Enjoy!
WBR, Michael Baryshnikov.

--- wfido
Ответ