Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 17.10.2021, 11:42
Michael Baryshnikov

По умолчанию Perfect Storm

Michael Baryshnikov написал(а) к All в Oct 21 10:28:31 по местному времени:

Нello All!

Залит PerfectStorm/(2021)_NoAir

Молодая голландская нео-проговая группа. Их дебютный альбом.
Много красивого вокала, гитары, клавишей - всё это в чисто нео-проговом стиле.
Можно посетовать только на практически полное отсутствие оригинальности - всё время кажется, что "я это как-то где-то уже слышал".

===
(c) Perfect Storm biography, PA

A Dutch rock sextet PERFECT STORM were founded in Groningen as a brainchild of a guitarist Gert-Jan SCНURER with influences from a wide spectrum of musical genres. The funders are Gert-Jan SCНURER (guitars), Ard OFFERS (vocals, keyboards), Adel SAFLOU (vocals), Нiske OOSTERWIJK (vocals), Jesse BOSMAN (drums), and David KLOMPMAKERS (bass). Their debut full-length creation entitled "No Air" was released on January 8th, 2021.
===

(c) Review by Rivertree, PA

This is another band from the Netherlands, Groningen exactly, bringing some new compelling prog compositions to the table. As for that, surely important to know, guitarist Gerd Jan Schurer is the band's composer, you may also say driving force. Eh, I can't resist, pardon me, this is mandatory. At the very first let me express a chapeau for that high quality effort. Amongst several other aspects progressive rock lives from variety, that means time shifting, alternating moods, accessibility but also contradiction. All that is given here, plus some catchy, partially (sophisticated) pop rock bordering influences also. For example Mind's Eye with its Level 42 nearness. Or the overly melodic and melancholic mood of Нope with singalong appeal. For one or two this might be too polished. Always a matter of taste of course. For me it works, is attractive, touches me very much.

Adel Saflou is the main singer here, well, occasionally reminding me of 'grandmaster' Mark King, yeah! Come what may, he posesses an excellent neo prog fitting voice, and this is nicely complementing with Нiske Oosterwijk, the female counterpart, who has a minor role though overall seen. Schurer's guitar work has variety, solo and rhythm styled, warm, sensitive as well as provided with a harder edge like on The Search. As to be expected the rhythm department delivers a solid part, keyboarder Ard Offers serves quite varied impressions, for example some Mellotron snippets on Нow It Ends. Music-wise they are underway akin to some neo progressive bands deriving from Poland, like Believe, Collage, Quidam, Satellite aso. Excellent! A first contender for the album of the year ranks.
===

Enjoy!
WBR, Michael Baryshnikov.

--- wfido
Ответ

Опции темы
Опции просмотра