forum.wfido.ru  

Вернуться   forum.wfido.ru > Архив Калужских эх > ARC1.KLG.TALK

ARC1.KLG.TALK Архив Калужской эхи (с даты основания) для разговоров на любые темы

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 09.10.2018, 17:44
Stas A. Golovin

По умолчанию OS/2 2.99 BETA 2 - инфоpмация о том, что в ней, веpоятно, будет.

Stas A. Golovin написал(а) к All в Aug 94 01:29:00 по местному времени:

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
■ Forwarded by Stas A. Golovin (2:50/322.25)
■ Area : RU.OS.CMP (RU.OS.CMP)
■ From : Dmitry Zavalishin, 2:5020/32 (Fri Jul 29 1994 09:02)
■ To : All
■ Subj : OS/2 2.99 BETA 2 - инфоpмация о том, что в ней, веpоятно, будет.
* Crossposted in RU.OS.CMP
* Crossposted in SU.OS2
Нello All.

I think, this message from area COMP.OS.OS2.ADVOCACY seems to be interesting:

--------------------------- Start Cut -------------------------
To : All
Subj : OS/2 2.99 BETA 2!
---------------------------------------------------------------

# Original Area: OS2
# Original To : All (1:110/775)

I rarely follow this echo, as there is to much yelling and arguing for me to care about it. I am going to tell what I have seen with my own two eyes, and if you don't believe me, frankly I don't care. I don't want to hear your a lier or it's hear say, if you choose not to believe me then it's your will. The next version of the OS/2 BETA 2.99 2 is going to have a Express install that will be a one-button install routine. It will install the Multi-Media support services unless you choose Custom install a
nd unselect the option. The tutorial has been VASTLY IMPROVED!!! It will have the toolbar David Barnes has been using for over a year now, finally included. It DOES support WIN32s, I have seen it run a Win32 program, and it WILL be in the next beta, so it's highly unlikey (but not impossible), that they would take that support out for the final version. Not this is Win32s, not Win32c or any other of the MS Win32's.
It runs EXTREMELY fast on a 486 with only 4Meg of RAM. But also understand if you get a Borland compiler that says it needs 8Meg to run it Needs 8Meg to run, so don't say it's slow if your over using the resources stated on that product. The beta will NOT have this included but the GAMMA WILL have this, and it's a doozy! This is straight from a CLOSE and if you only knew НOW close, I know everyone knows who he is. That OS/2 will NOT come with those stupid appletts anymore. They have signed a deal with
FootPrint Works and will include it in the next version of OS/2. The whole package, including the Word Processor, Spreadsheet, & Database. The reason it will not be included in the beta, is because they have to pay a per copy royalty and it would be a very expensive beta. The deal is done, and WILL be in the GAMA. The next Beta of OS/2 should be shipping in about 1-2 weeks. They are going to aggressivly market this beta and it will be PROBABLY be going for $6-$10.00. This beta is going to be pushed
НEAVILY and should be a stable version. Like I said before if you choose not to believe me then don't. I personally don't care and don't care for politics. I just though I would let those people who care some facts and not hearsay. So everyone enjoy, and I'm sure I'll hear alot more name calling over this one.

Tony
DMA OS/2 SIG
TEAM OS/2

--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anthony Cogan - via FidoNet node 1:110/675 FidoNet <=> Internet Gateway
UUCP: ...!meaddata!wedowind!775!Anthony.Cogan
INTERNET: Anthony.Cogan@f775.n110.z1.fidonet.org
Origin: We Do Windows BBS - Kettering, Ohio - (513) 299-5608
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

^-^
$ MolchiGin: FidoNet node 1:110/775 - The One Stop, Dayton OН (1:110/775.0)

--------------------------- Final Cut -------------------------

Dmitry

-+-
+ Origin: Silent Infinity Surrounds Your Mind (2:5020/32)

Нi, All!

Ну, как ?

Stas

--- GoldED/2 2.42.G0614