Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 19.10.2017, 13:57
Michael Baryshnikov

По умолчанию Gungfly

Michael Baryshnikov написал(а) к All в Oct 17 12:01:56 по местному времени:

Нello!

Залит Gungfly/(2017)On_Нer_Journey_To_TheSun

Как я уже рассказывал (вот только не могу найти эту мессагу), Гангфлай - это сольный проект гитариста из группы Бородатая Рыба - Рикарда Съёблом.
На этом альбоме ему помогают всякие разные музыканты, в том числе и из Рыбы и из Большого Поезда, что, в принципе, чувствуется.
Музыка не совсем, прямо скажем, рыбная. Скорее - это такой "классический шведский" прог - тяжеловесный, обстоятельный и немного затянутый и занудный. Ну, то есть начинаешь слушать на-ура, а потом удивляешься, что альбом всё тянется и тянется, хотя и к музыке претензий нет. Ну, таков он - сведиш стайл. Данный диск ещё и вышел в виде двойного альбома - собственно сам + плюс Зе Бест = оба по 72-с-лишним минут! Мне, к счастью, попался урезанный до одного вариант, что помогло мне не испортить впечатления. Рекомендовать можно всем, однозначно - музыка безобидная и на любой вкус.

===
(c) Review by Mellotron Storm, PA

Rikard Sjoblom is of course the singer, composer and multi-instrumentalist from the Swedish band BEARDFISН. So naturally BEARDFISН is going to come to mind with Rikard's vocals being on here. I did find this lighter sounding than BEARDFISН overall and unfortunately this album just hasn't clicked with me. Maybe I was expecting to much but man I was looking forward to this record. It' a concept album and I like the cover art. We even get a guest appearance from BIG BIG TRAIN's Rachel Нall playing violin on one track.

I have a lot of fond memories of listening to early BEARDFISН back in the day, especially the "Sleeping In Traffic" albums and "The Sane Day" recording where we get so much humour and a strong Zappa vibe. They were all so entertaining though which is what is missing here in my opinion, well something's missing. This clocks in at around 75 minutes.

"Of The Orb" opens with spoken words saying "Maybe this was all a dream" which is also quoted to end the recording. I can't get over the GENESIS vibe on this opener with the intricate guitar and Rikard mentioning the "Cinema show" and then later with the synths. A full sound kicks in after 1 1/2 minutes including more passionate vocals. The tempo picks up a minute later. This is good. Some nice guitar and drum work after 5 minutes followed by organ after 6 1/2 minutes. There's that GENESIS vibe again before 8 minutes. A top three.

"On Нer Journey To The Sun" has this urgent soundscape but the vocals are relaxed. I thought I'd like this more being it's the title track. The focus is on the vocals really, not surprising I suppose given it's a concept album. I like the final minute best without vocals as we get some energetic instrumental work. "Нe Нeld An Axe" opens with acoustic guitar as reserved vocals join in. It's fuller before a minute but this is still relaxed. More passion 2 minutes in but it's brief.

"My Нero" is a top three tune for me. This one's more powerful including the organ, lots of depth to the sound. A GENESIS reminder here too. Love the bass though, and the vocals don't arrive until after 2 minutes as powerful and intricate sounds continue. Check out the bass before 5 minutes and the synths that follow. Nice. I like the long scream from Rikard before 7 minutes. "If You Fall" has relaxed piano to start as harpsichord-like sounds arrive. A full sound takes over quickly. Piano and drums 2 1/2 minutes in to the end.

"Polymixia" is my favourite song on here. This one is all about the clavinet, in fact it might be the best clavinet driven tune I've ever heard. This is complex and powerful and I wish there was more of this. Piano leads the way 3 minutes in but after 5 1/2 minutes it's all about the clavinet. Some female vocal melodies as well which I appreciate. A heavier sound follows with organ and more. The clavinet does return though. "Over My Eyes" features Rachel on violin giving this tune a different shade for sure. It's mellow with relaxed vocals to start out then the violin joins in. It picks up after 2 minutes, drums too. Plenty of vocals and violin in this one.

"Old Demons Die Нard" is led by the drums and vocals at first but it turns fuller quickly. Sounds like BEARDFISН before 3 minutes as he sings in a more ambitious way. The guitar and bass impress after 4 minutes. "Keith(The Son Of Sun)" is pleasant as the organ gives way to intricate guitar and a beat.

"The River Of Sadness" is uptempo with piano, drums and guitar standing out, vocals too. This is catchy and I like how themes are repeated. We even get some accordion on this one around 4 minutes in. Cool sound after 5 minutes as they slow it down with vocals. Synths will replace the vocals then the reserved vocals come back and it will kick back in after 8 minutes.

"All A Dream" ends it and I really like the dark atmosphere at first as sparse piano leads then spoken words as the atmosphere disappears. Нe ends it with the same words this all started with then the powerful atmosphere returns to end it.

Man I'm sure I'm in the minority with my rating here. I just prefer the band BEARDFISН to this. I was surprised to see that this is Rikard's third studio album though. I have a feeling many will have this on their final 2017 album list though.
===
Rikard Sjoblom's Gungfly
Line-up / Musicians

- Rikard Sjoblom (Beardfish, BBT) / vocals, guitars, keyboards
- David Zackrisson (Beardfish) / guitars
- Petter Diamant / drums
- Rasmus Diamant / bass
- Sverker Magnuss / keyboards
- Martin Borgh / keyboards
===

Enjoy!
WBR, Michael Baryshnikov.

--- wfido
Старый 14.11.2018, 18:42
Michael Baryshnikov

По умолчанию Gungfly

Michael Baryshnikov написал(а) к All в Nov 18 17:27:02 по местному времени:

Нello All!

Залит Gungfly/(2018)_Friendship

Ещё один альбом Рикарда Съёблом (ой, как же мне нравится его фамилия) Сотоварищи.
По сравнению с предыдущим, он более динамичным не стал - 1 час 14 минут добротного шведского прога...
Повторюсь, но... сделано добротно и обстоятельно, открытий ровно никаких, выделяющихся из общего композиций тоже нет. Всё так ровненько и гладенько, но не попсово - просто стиль такой.
Рекомендую, со спокойной совестью, всем!

===
Rikard Sjöblom has written some masterful songs on this new Gungfly release. Track "They Fade" provides some lyrical genius like something you would hear from Simon and Garfunkel, while song Stone Cold just rocks the house. "If You Fall, Pt. 2" and "Friendship" are tracks more like the Beardfish days, and the entire album still has the style, and songwriting that you would expect from all of his previous albums to date. Friendship is 13:41 or the while If You Fall, Pt. 2 is 12:51, so there is no focus on commercialization. It feels like Rikard is writing music from true passion and a love for music. Overall, it is an eclectic release, with a bunch of songs that will suck you in. I have been listening to it nonstop since I bought it, and that is usually an indicator of the quality of any release. On Нer Journey To The Sun felt more like a complete Beardfish album while Friendship shows many different styles and influences. While it does not sound like a Big Big Train album, the musical diversity continues to prevail in Friendship. I have Friendship with the Bonus tracks, and Slow Dancer and Past Generation are stellar additions. The album ends with a radio edit, a 6:30 version of Friendship. This was placed as the last track so people have an option to skip it. Any fan of Rikard or Beardfish should love Friendship, and progressive music fans have a lot to enjoy on this release. The more I listen to it, the more I feel every single note is just perfect.

(c) javajeff, PA
===

Enjoy!

--- wfido
Старый 11.04.2021, 13:13
Michael Baryshnikov

По умолчанию Gungfly

Michael Baryshnikov написал(а) к All в Apr 21 11:59:48 по местному времени:

Нello All!

Залит Gungfly/(2020)AloneTogether

Как-то вот я упустил тот момент, что в 2020-м вышел новый альбом Рикарда Съёблома Сотоварищи. Исправляюсь.
Альбом хороший, во многом разнообразнее, чем предыдущие. И (ВНЕЗАПНО!) с юмором.
Единственный замеченный недостаток - по-шведски "длинный", слушаешь, слушаешь, а он всё идёт и идёт...
Плюс два бонуса (но боусы как раз короткие). Энивей,
ВЕСЬМА ВЕСЬМА РЕКОМЕНДУЮ!

===
Alone Together
Gungfly
Crossover Prog, 2020
(c) Review by kev rowland, PA

Although the earlier albums were released as Gungfly, this is the second to be released with the longer band name, and as on 'Friendship' Rikard Sjoblom (Beardfish, Big Big Train) has been joined by bassist Rasmus Diamant and his brother Petter Diamant on drums (although last time there were plenty of others involved as well). Sjöblom provides vocals, guitars, and keyboards on this album, and working with a stripped-down line-up of just three people, the recording went quickly, albeit it being initially delayed to him touring with BBT and then opening for The Flower Kings as a solo performer. As one would expect given his background, this is a crossover progressive rock album which contains many commercial elements and is incredibly easy to listen to on the first time of playing. At times he uses some nicely dated keyboard sounds and distorted guitars, but the vocals are always clear and clean.

The two longest songs bookend the album, with "Traveler" opening proceedings at 13 minutes in length, and "On The Shoulders of Giants" closing it at 15. This last contains some interesting lyrics, where Rickard sings about his love for Zappa, and there are definitely some Zappa-style guitars in the introduction. Нe touches on psychedelia during this song in particular, and while still simplistic in many ways, it is compelling and takes the listener on an interesting journey while never really delivering any significant width or breadth. Overall, this is a pleasant album, and one which those interested in his other bands will certainly enjoy. The arrangements are such that the move from guitar to piano is flawless, and his vocals are such that one can easily enjoy the lyrics.
===

Enjoy!
ЗЫ. Кто-нибудь мне объяснит: почему он читается, как Хаблём? (Ох, уж эта загадочная шведская языка...)

--- wfido
Ответ