Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 18.10.2017, 15:55
Michael Baryshnikov

По умолчанию Amplifier

Michael Baryshnikov написал(а) к All в Oct 17 14:39:05 по местному времени:

Нello All!

Залит Amplifier/(2017)Trippin'_With_DrFaustus

Новый альбом Усилителя. Вполне себе достойный и ничем не хуже предыдущего, если не считать того, что запись закомпрешена вусметь... Ну, что мог, сделал.

===
(c) Review by Mellotron Storm, PA

I've been a big fan of this band since I heard their debut back in the mid 2000's. I still feel their 2003 debut is their best album and one I rated at 5 stars. Well, many albums later and here we are in 2017 with a new AMPLIFIER recording. Yay! Gotta love the album cover and the title of this recording. I guess they changed from a trio to a four piece starting with their 2013 album called "Echo Street" as the new member adds more guitar and more vocals.

"Rainbow Machine" opens with distortion that builds followed by drums and bass. A powerful soundscape is the result. Vocals arrive before 1 1/2 minutes as the powerful sound continues throughout. Nice start! Distortion and power end it as it blends into "Freakzone". Soon rumbling drums lead the way in this powerful soundscape. Vocals just before a minute. Man this is heavy stuff until they slow it down after 7 minutes as it winds down to the end.

"Kosmos(Grooves Of Triumph)" opens with guitar and atmosphere then it kicks in heavily. Vocals a minute in. I like this a lot, in fact it's a top four song for me. Like the previous track we get a very heavy sound until it settles back before 4 minutes although this is still heavy. It kicks back in with vocals before 4 1/2 minutes to the end. "The Commotion(Big Time Party maker)" has this heavy groove that kicks in fairly quickly. Distorted guitars join in as well then vocals a minute in. Catchy stuff. A calm 3 minutes in but it's brief. Love the guitar before 5 1/2 minutes to the end as he rips it up.

"Big Daddy" has lots of distortion and power as usual but we get female vocals this time for a change of pace. Nice guitar starting before 2 1/2 minutes and that bass is amazing as well. Vocals are back! "Нorse" is another top four tune for me. Love this one, the lyrics are great and I like that there's some space to breathe here as we get some good contrasts between the heavy and less powerful(haha). The drumming kills after 3 1/2 minutes as the guitar screams away.

"Anubis" starts with acoustic guitar and a beat. Where's the power? Vocals are mellow too as they join in this catchy song. "Supernova" is another top four. This one is different with the synths and higher pitched vocals. Check out that opening line "Нey Mona Lisa, how's it hanging?" No wall of distorted guitar as instead we get upfront bass and a powerful atmosphere. Love the guitar and power 4 minutes in but it settles back quickly to end it.

"Silvio" opens with a guitar melody then vocals and pounding drums take over. It turns heavier before a minute. I like this one, it's different. Drums and vocals lead the way again before 2 1/2 minutes then it turns heavier as themes are repeated. "Old Blue Eyes" is my final top four. Oh my! Check out the distortion as the drums pound. Vocals join in quickly but that distortion will continue throughout. So good! Check out the guitar after 4 minutes to the end. Goodnight that's good!

If you like your music on the heavy side with an Alternative/Psychedelic vibe then you really need to check this band out.
===

Enjoy!
WBR, Michael Baryshnikov.

--- wfido
Ответ