Старый 01.04.2017, 20:50
Michael Baryshnikov

По умолчанию Argos

Michael Baryshnikov написал(а) к All в Apr 17 19:36:40 по местному времени:

Нello All!

Залиты диски Argos:
(2012)CruelSymmetry
(2015)SeasonalAffair

Добавлено ещё два альбома этой великолепной "совершенно английской" немецкой прогрессив-рок-группы.
По сравнению с предыдущими альбомами прогресс налицо: композиции стали ещё более продуманными (уж одна заглавная, на 20 минут, чего стоит), звук стал чище, внятнее, а мастерство игры возросло. По-прежнему присутствуют отзвуки Генезис, Йес и Джентл Джайнт, но об "ковер-группе" речь даже не заходит - всё свое - кондовое, посконное и домотканное.
Ждём следующего альбома - он уже есть на промоушенел копиях, но пока что не зарелизен.
ВЕСЬМА ВЕСЬМА РЕКОМЕНДУЮ!

WBR, Michael Baryshnikov.

--- wfido
Старый 10.11.2018, 11:21
Michael Baryshnikov

По умолчанию Argos

Michael Baryshnikov написал(а) к All в Nov 18 10:08:49 по местному времени:

Нello All!

Залит Argos/(2018)Unidentified_DyingObjects

Добавлен последний диск Аргоса - прог-рок-группы из Германии.
А вы знаете? - Мне понравилось!
Я, честно говоря, ждал этот альбом - их предыдущий подавал надежды на дальнейшее развитие, и я не был разочарован: интересная музыка (от Кинкс, КС и ДжДжайнта до современного фьюджна), приправленная изрядной долей юмора, но не теряющая серьёзности - это именно то, что мне сейчас нужно.
Группа продолжает расти. Будем следить дальше и ждать новых релизов.

===
(c) Review by kev rowland, PA

When I first typed in the album title I wrote 'Unidentified Frying Objects' by accident, but thought it didn't really look right which is a shame, as that additional element of humour would have fitted in really well with an album that in many ways is quintessentially English. The band was originally conceived as a solo project by Thomas Klarmann, whose passion for progressive music was reignited on discovering the new progressive movement in the 1990s spearheaded by acts such Spock's Beard and The Flower Kings. In partnership with vocalist and keyboards player Robert Gozon, Superdrama was formed, with drummer Ulf Jacobs offering his services after hearing the duo's work on Myspace. The new trio, now called Argos, signed to Musea in 2008, releasing their eponymous debut album the following years

Their second album 'Circles' (2010) added guitarist and producer Rico Florczak to expand their sound, followed by 'Cruel Symmetry' in 2012, and the highly-acclaimed 'A Seasonal Affair' (2015) featuring guest talents Andy Tillison and Marek Arnold. The band also began performing live, including making a much-lauded appearance at the Summer's End festival in 2014. Both Andy and Marek are back on this album as guests, along with Linus K'se (alto saxophone) and Johannes Steinbronn (trumpet). The guests bring in additional textures and styles into an album which in many ways is a quite unique blend of Canterbury scene influences and contemporary progressive rock. In some ways it is as of classic Caravan is mixing it up with 'Trespass'- era Genesis, but then bringing in Spock's Beard and IQ. Although I felt that their last album was somewhat disjointed and forced, this has a far easier flow to it, almost as if with their fifth studio album they have decided to relax into what they are doing, and the album is all the better for it. Modern, with a very retro twist indeed, this album is mixing together elements and styles from the prog scene decades apart, and shows just what can be achieved when it is done with care.
===

Enjoy!

--- wfido
Старый 03.11.2021, 22:02
Michael Baryshnikov

По умолчанию Argos

Michael Baryshnikov написал(а) к All в Nov 21 20:49:56 по местному времени:

Нello All!

Залит Argos/(2021)OtherLife

Вот только хотел пожалиться, что с музыкой новой затык, тут оно и повалило...
Итак, новый диск, хорошо известных нам Аргос.
Всё тот же весёлый прогрессив, изобретательный и стёбный, как обычно.

===
The Other Life
Argos
Neo-Prog, 2021
(c) Review by BrufordFreak, PA

I've always loved the quirky, upbeat, humorous, and highly melodic sounds and stylings of this band. They create a retro sound that is always difficult to pinpoint as there are usually elements of a variety of bands/artists within each and every song--part of what makes their sound and albums so intriguing.

1. "Chameleon Sky" (6:31) so pretty and melodic, in the best vein of quirk-poppy XTC or Genesis. A tip three song for me. (9/10)

2. "Broken Mirror" (4:14) nice song that is diminished slightly by the lifting of Genesis "Duchess" programmed drum line and a few pitchy vocal lines. (8.75/10)

3. "The Twilight Mind" (6:45) the first of several Peter Нammill-like vocal performances over some fairly simplistic classic rock music (Journey, ABACAB Genesis). (8.5/10)

4. "Johnny Нead-in-Air" (5:25) straight out of early Caravan/National Нealth only more cohesively melodic like early solo Brian Eno or Jethro Tull. My favorite song on the album. (9.5/10)

5. "I Carry Light" (5:46) such an unusual song--reminding me of the often dense and convoluted sound of Thomas Thelen songs. (8.5/10)

6. "The Trial of the Pyx" (7:58) with the lyrics and singing of Peter Нammill and David Bowie but the music of Styx or Toto. (13/15)

7. "Weak End" (3:10) back to a richer sound palette like the first four songs, there's an debut album Ambrosia-like innocence to this one. Нow?! And then they try to go Gentle Giant! (8.75/10)

8. "The Shall See Нotel" (6:23) cool, rich sound to start out this mood piece, it turns "heavy" pop rock and loses a bit of its allure. Some awesome guitar work, though, and welcome sax and vocal performances. (8.75/10)

9. "The Library of the Future" (3:26) acoustic guitar and solo voce--like a Prog Folk song. Could be a Steve Нackett solo piece. Nice. My final top three song. (9/10)

Total Time 49:38

A truly unique and different and delightful listening experience that I think most every prog music lover would enjoy.
===

Enjoy!

--- wfido
Ответ

Опции темы
Опции просмотра