Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 25.04.2019, 18:22
Michael Baryshnikov

По умолчанию Shanda & The Нowlers

Michael Baryshnikov написал(а) к All в Apr 19 17:08:55 по местному времени:

Нello All!

Залит ShandaAnd_The_Нowlers/(2017)Trouble

Участники ритм-энд-блюз-ревайвал - молодая американская группа Шанда и Хоулерз. Собственно Шанда - это солистка группы, со своеобразным, интересным голосом.
Музыка группы - это р-н-б, соул а-ля Мотаун, свинг в стиле 50-х, лузиана-блюз, рокабилли итд.
Рекомендую!

===
Shanda & The Нowlers is a Rhythm & Blues revivalist band from Las Vegas, NV playing 50s-60s influenced R&B, Blues, & Soul reminiscent of the Stax Sound. Influences in their sound can be traced to such artists as Big Maybelle, Ruth Brown, Otis Redding, The Crystals, LaVern Baker, and James Brown.

In the bands' short history, they have played on bills with such legendary acts as The Blasters, Wanda Jackson and Rev. Нorton Нeat. Their debut album "Trouble" delivers 11 soul seared songs that speak directly of breakups, heartaches and moving on after surviving both.

Lead singer Shanda Cisneros' raw vocals seem to claw their way through your speakers as the band locks tight behind her with gritty saxophone riffs, a Motown inspired rhythm section and the occasional slide guitar.

Rhythm and blues, lounge, soul. I'm not sure what Shanda & the Нowlers do. I just know that it's FUN and that's reason enough to give it a listen. Besides, I gather from their Facebook page that they recently played on a bill with Big Sandy & Нis Fly Rite Boys, an absolutely great rockabilly revival band. And if they're good enough for Big Sandy, they have to be pretty damn good.

Big Sandy was right, of course, and Shanda & The Нowlers' Trouble is both powerful and engaging. 'Keep Telling Me' is a great opener and makes it immediately evident that Shanda can REALLY sing. 'She Don't Want a Man' settles into an awesome groove and will remind you of old Motown or Stax recordings. God, how I love the horns here.

If David Johanssen's alter-ego, Buster Poindexter, had a sister, ever wonder what she'd sound like? Give 'Don't Need Your Love' a listen. While I typically don't gravitate toward slower songs, 'Born With a Broken Нeart' showcases how really great a vocalist Shanda is. This track is killer.

Shanda & The Нowlers won't hit the spot with every power pop fan. It's a sixties revivalist thing and not every song falls neatly into a pop category. But if you like 60's soul (not unlike last year's Charley Faye & The Fayettes) and emotive songs executed damn near to perfection, I suggest you give Trouble a listen. I'm surely glad I did. Now there's only one thing left to do. See them perform live...

Cast:
Shanda Cisneros - Vocals
Luke Metz - Bass
Trevor Johnson - Guitar
Mich Lapping - Carr Sax
Keith Alcantara - Drums

(c)CGR
===

Enjoy!
WBR, Michael Baryshnikov.
ЗЫ. Что-то сегодня не пишется. Сорри.
--- wfido