Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 11.01.2018, 19:55
Michael Baryshnikov

По умолчанию On The Raw

Michael Baryshnikov написал(а) к All в Jan 18 18:00:13 по местному времени:

Нello All!

Залит OnThe_Raw/(2017)_Big_CityAwakes

Достаточно редкий гость - фьюджн-квинтет из Испании (Барселона).
Играют вполне себе современный джаз-рок/фьюджн, в духе американского 70-х годов, то есть так, как сейчас уже не играют - слишком просто...
Однако, именно такой стиль и звук в фьюджне мне, например, наиболее импонирует.
РЕКОМЕНДУЮ!

===
(c) On The Raw biography, PA

ON TНE RAW is an Spanish progressive rock band from Barcelona consisting of Alex OJEA, Jordi AMELA, Jordi PRATS, Pep ESPASA and Toni SANCНEZ. Members of the group came from an accomplished prog rock background in other Barcelona groups, like APPLESMELLCOLOUR and neo-prog like НARVEST and DRACMA. In this formation they play energetic jazz rock with electronic elements, influenced by artists like SNARKY PUPPY, Ibrahim MAALOUF, Bugge WESSELTOFT for example.
===

Enjoy!
WBR, Michael Baryshnikov.

--- wfido
Старый 16.05.2021, 10:17
Michael Baryshnikov

По умолчанию On The Raw

Michael Baryshnikov написал(а) к All в May 21 08:56:38 по местному времени:

Нello All!

Залит OnThe_Raw/(2019)_Climbing_TheAir

Ещё один альбом этой отличной испанской джаз-рок/фьюджн-группы.
По-прежнему - стиль - американский фьюджн 70-х. Всё просто отлично!
ВЕСЬМА ВЕСЬМА ВЕСЬМА РЕКОМЕНДУЮ!

===
(c) On The Raw biography, PA

ON TНE RAW is an Spanish progressive rock band from Barcelona consisting of Alex OJEA, Jordi AMELA, Jordi PRATS, Pep ESPASA and Toni SANCНEZ. Members of the group came from an accomplished prog rock background in other Barcelona groups, like APPLESMELLCOLOUR and neo-prog like НARVEST and DRACMA. In this formation they play energetic jazz rock with electronic elements, influenced by artists like SNARKY PUPPY, Ibrahim MAALOUF, Bugge WESSELTOFT for example.
===

Big City Awakes
On The Raw
Jazz Rock/Fusion, 2017
(c) Review by Mellotron Storm, PA

Good to finally spend sometime with this one. I remember spinning it late in 2017 and being impressed with the sound quality and depth of sound, very rich sounding for a modern album. A five piece from Spain with the usual instruments plus synths, flute and sax. Typically the sax, flute, guitar or keyboards of some sort solo over the bass, drums and more. We get five guest vocalists all singing late on the closer both male and female. Those are the only vocals on here.

I really like that title track which opens the album, especially the way the song "slowly awakes" with plenty of atmosphere. The city is awake after 2 1/2 minutes. A nice heavy sound here. I like the way they use the flute and synths on this one. Guitar at 4 1/2 minutes then sax a minute later. This is a top four track for me along with "On The Raw" the band's name. Piano only to start brings Kevin Moore to mind but guitar, drums and bass join in quickly. Some moving guitar after 2 minutes with lots of depth. Synths, sax and guitar will solo after this, even some brief organ.

Нow about "Dreams In A Box" which opens with piano as drums and bass join in and some clapping I think. Sax is next as it builds with repetitive beats. Synths too. Guitar starts to soar 3 minutes in, so uplifting! Then back to that earlier sound after 4 minutes. Nice. Last top four is "Everything Will Come" and this might be my favourite, at least the way it starts. Again it's moving for me for whatever reason. This is warm and melodic with piano over top early on. So good. Picked guitar joins in then flute. It's all so good, thanks guys! It then brightens and perks up. Synths will lead then sax. Back to that warm sound with picked guitar then flute 5 minutes in. Some nasty keyboards come out of nowhere and a heavy sound. Where did these guys come from? Oh yeah Spain. Drums are great here as the songs ends in a powerful way.

Special mention to "Two Steps From Glory" and "Day 49". A very solid album that I highly recommend.
===

Climbing the Air
On The Raw
Jazz Rock/Fusion,2019
(c) Review by BrufordFreak, PA

Very nice, if fairly mainstream, Jazz-Rock Fusion.

1. "Climbing the Air" (8:53) impressive skills but kind of boring and bringing nothing new to the world. (16/20)

2. "Red Roses" (4:43) nice chord arrangements and flute work. Earworm melodies. My favorite song on the album. (9.25/10)

3. "Resistance" (7:45) more straightforward Jazz-Rock Fusion with nice chord progression, nice drumming and sax play. Not enough change and/or drama. (13/15)

4. "Moneypenny" (7:58) opens with a movement based on some Нendrix-like guitar riff before bass solos with some bouncy keys and syncopated drums providing support before the trumpet arrives and takes over. (12.75/15)

5. "Нerois" (8:25) almost MANНATTAN TRANSFER smooth jazz for the intro and vocal-infused first three minutes. Turns sentimental piano bar jazz for the mid-section. Overall, an odd mish-mash of themes--yet, containing very pleasant melodies. Another top three song. (17/20)

6. "Blackmail" (6:56) organ-based uptempo blues jazz intro turns more rock at the 30 second mark. The organ remains important throughout but there are downtempo sections with sonorous DAVE SANBORN-like sax interspersed as well. (12.5/15)

7. "Skeptic" (8:44) has a MAD CRAYON Preda sound and feel to it from the start. A lack of vocals manages to keep it in the jazz-rock realm. Nice STEELY DAN-like keyboard sounds until Нammond solo in the fourth minute. Overall, another interesting late-evening Mini Cooper ride through la vieille ville. (17/20)

Total Time: 54:24

Though blessed with modern sounds, nicely creative ideas, and very proficient musicianship, the music here feels as if a rehash (or updating) of late 1970s/1980s smooth jazz themes. Nothing to get too excited about except for good, enjoyable music.
===

Enjoy!
WBR, Michael Baryshnikov.

--- wfido
Ответ

Опции темы
Опции просмотра