Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 02.01.2018, 17:55
Michael Baryshnikov

По умолчанию Miriodor

Michael Baryshnikov написал(а) к All в Jan 18 16:34:39 по местному времени:

Нello All!

Залит Miriodor/(2017)Signal9

Залит новый, номерной диск одних из основоположников французского РИО/авант-прога - группы Мириодор. Честно говоря, я думал, что они уже давным-давно тогось... но вот - нет - живы курилки.
Диск хороший, разнообразный и не слишком авангардный. Временами напоминает Кинг Кримсон среднего периода, но не слишком - повторяю: экстрима немного, стёба тоже.
В основном он, как ни странно, лирический, мрачноватый, но есть моменты, когда французы не могут сдержаться...
РЕКОМЕНДУЮ!

===
Signal 9
Miriodor
RIO/Avant-Prog, 2017
(c) Review by Mellotron Storm, PA

An absolute gem this one is. First of all the band dedicated this album to multi-instrumentalist Francois Emond who passed away this past year and was one of the founding members. Нis work on their debut was so impressive and that happens to be my favourite album by them. I think the most impressive thing about MIRIODOR's new album is just how many twists and turns we get pretty much with each song. And it's not that this is turn on a dime insanity at all, it's the way they introduce completely new themes then repeat them sometimes. Every song has something that I really like about it. Now I'm not into circus melodies at all or this might be a 5 star album, not that there's a lot of them.

"Venin" opens with spacey synths before a rhythm kicks in that's a little off-kilter (haha). Organ too then we get a calm before it kicks back in in a deranged and powerful way. Love that dark sound too and check out that bass before 2 minutes. Nasty! A lighter and complex section takes over before 2 1/2 minutes then it turns silly (circus melody). Love the melancholy that follows before 3 minutes. So good! Guitar to the fore with percussion 3 1/2 minutes in.

"Peintore Dans Le Coin" opens with intricate sounds that pulse, beat etc. It settles into a heavy groove with piano over top then the guitar replaces the piano. I do like the angular guitar. Electric piano and a determined rhythm after 1 1/2 minutes. Nice. A feel good section for me. The flavour keeps changing though as we get a heavier sound after 3 1/2 minutes. More angular guitar after 4 minutes. "Transit De Nuit A Jakarta" opens with the sounds of a horn from a train then a heavy groove kicks in with experimental sounds in tow including mellotron-like sounds. Such a cool section that goes on and on to the end.

"Portrait-Robot" is one of my favourites. This has a catchy beat with synths over top before it turns more powerful with angular guitar, organ and more. It becomes avant briefly then heavy before 2 minutes. Insanity! A dark and creepy calm follows(so good!) but when the heaviness returns it's sounds so much like KING CRIMSON with the mellotron and very heavy sound. Incredible! Suddenly a circus melody arrives out of nowhere after 4 1/2 minutes but it's brief as a completely different sound takes over of upbeat beats and guitar. Circus stuff. Then it calms right down before 7 minutes to a haunting ending.

"Deboires A Munich" opens with what sounds like a picked stringed instrument as the music builds to an uptempo pace with drums and guitar leading the way. Some faint vocal sounds and keyboards too. Really cool. "Chapelle Lunaire" is a favourite and it has this repetitive beat in a dark and industrial soundscape to begin with(headphone music) before turning light with a beat, bass and keyboards. An experimental calm takes over before 2 1/2 minutes, organ too. It doesn't kick back in until around 3 minutes but it's faster paced. Some crazy synths and humerous sounds. A dark mood arrives before 4 1/2 minutes then it's like they jam. So good! Beats only end it.

"Cryogenie" is a short experimental piece that works good with headphones. So interesting as these sounds come and go in a dark atmosphere. The organ before a minute is avant as it builds. "Passage Secret" opens with laid back keyboards and electronics as it starts to build and become even more experimental. Suddenly after a minute the drums, guitar, bass and full sound kicks in. So good! A light calm takes over after 2 minutes that lasts until before 4 1/2 minutes when strummed guitar, a beat and synths take over. It then kicks into a more energetic sound a minute later. Great sounding bass here. A change 6 minutes in as we get a catchy beat with liquid keys and atmosphere. Great sound! Organ too then we get a more determined sound with electronics and drums after 8 minutes, spacey synths too. So innovative.

"Gallinule D'amerique" is a short uptempo and experimental track with electronics and a circus vibe. The organ pulses with electronics and a beat before a minute. "Douze Petities Asperges" is also fairly short at over 2 1/2 minutes. This is mellow with bass, a beat and vibes? Electric piano takes over at 1 1/2 minutes as it turns darker.

"Le Ventriloque Et Le Perrouquet" is the over 8 minute closer. A powerful atmosphere like thunder really as abrasive sounds come in briefly. A circus-like melody follows. It's experimental before 1 1/2 minutes. Pretty cool then a beautiful section follows. The cymbals and atmosphere sound gorgeous. That circus melody is back as it comes and goes. Deep sampled vocals 3 minutes in seem to growl in atmosphere with bass. The vocals stop before 4 minutes but they return briefly with piano before 4 1/2 minutes. A great sounding section follows with guitar over top. Relaxed is the word as those vocals return briefly once again. Some intense guitar then that circus melody returns after 5 1/2 minutes. Love the spacey atmosphere though. There's those deep vocals again after 7 minutes as this continues to the end.

There's so much about this album that blows me away but that's off-set by some sections that aren't my thing but those are usually brief. So close to 5 stars regardless. One of the best from 2017.
===

Enjoy!
WBR, Michael Baryshnikov.

--- wfido
Ответ